Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

The Orinoco flow

I always loved that song by Enya.  It was spooky that I first heard it in early 1990.  Because some months later, in the 1990 summer, I was sent to Venezuela to do some hotel business systems training.  While I was there I decided I should book a trip to Angel Falls and that is exactly what I did.  I flew from my project on Margarita Island to Canaima, then was taken into the rain forest to hike along the tributaries that flowed into the Orinoco river.  And Enya's prophetic song came rushing back to me.  Anyway, I decided to install some HD mesh made by Andras Fabian, and here I am sharing a few screenshots that bring back memories of that otherworldly place I was blessed to see, thanks to my profession and the supervisors that allowed me to take the break from my systems implementation in Magarita.

John

3GOcIsR.png
mmZrrXC.png
KKPkro3.png
CXaLOnl.png
Y5jfcZx.png

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Great shots and Great Story 

• Like 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Thanks for the screenshots!

Venezuela is my country of birth. I hope in the future, once this dark chapter in its history becomes ... well... just history ... I may be able to take my kids there so they can look at such a beautiful place with their own eyes.

Thanks again!

cheers

-E

• Like 1

Enrique Vaamonde