Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

Mdesign Domodedovo in P3Dv4?

Hello all,

Simmarket hs bene having a "Go east" sale, with 50% price reduction on Russian sceneries. I couldn't stop myself and got DD Moscow City as well as Sheremetyevo airport and Justsim's Vnukovo. I was looking at Domodedovo, which to me is actually the most interesting as this is the airport I flew into the one time I visited Moscow. Before I get it though, I was just wondering if somebody can confirm whether it'll work in P3Dv4, and how well it performs? I read elsewhere that it's supposed to work fine, just wanted to make sure.

https://secure.simmarket.com/mdesign-moscow-domodedovo-airport-uudd-fsxp3dv1.phtml

Best,

Benjamin

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

It does.

I'm on P3D v4.2 and all I had to do was add it to the scenery list and include in ORBX Airport Elevation Correction list.

Pretty much the same thing I did to get the pre P3D v4 ULLI to work. Although for it I also had to download some additional file.

• Upvote 1

Excellent, thank you Dmitrij! I noticed that v3 of ULLI was released, specifically for P3Dv4, but this is not on sale. Been wondering whether to get it now or wait for later.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

40 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

Excellent, thank you Dmitrij! I noticed that v3 of ULLI was released, specifically for P3Dv4, but this is not on sale. Been wondering whether to get it now or wait for later.

I bought the previous version of ULLI at full price, because St. Petersburg is one of my favorite cities and I couldn't wait for a sale. And now, a couple of months later since my purchase they release the update... D'oh!

Oh well, I'm eligible to get an ULLI v3 update for 10 EUR, although v2 works pretty fine to me, and I might put that money towards some other sceneries from my extensive wishlist.

It is working perfectly fine. Although I haven‘t checked the night lightning, which can be an issue in older sceneries.  Apart from that it is just on the same level as other top sceneries in the area (if not better). Just landed there a few days ago in 4.3

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

4 hours ago, EastFB72 said:

Doesnt DD's Moscow City have Domodedovo Airport?

It does, but it's a rather light scenery. I'd prefer something a little more detailed.

3 hours ago, officercrockey said:

It is working perfectly fine. Although I haven‘t checked the night lightning, which can be an issue in older sceneries.  Apart from that it is just on the same level as other top sceneries in the area (if not better). Just landed there a few days ago in 4.3

Great, thanks for the feedback!

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

8 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

It does, but it's a rather light scenery. I'd prefer something a little more detailed.

Great, thanks for the feedback!

Many thanks for the feedback too RE: the Moscow City Airports

Have considered getting the DD Moscow to complement their Sheremetyevo package

You're welcome!

In the meantime I purchased Domodedovo and installed it. Initially forgot to disable FTX Vector's height correction, but that was a quick fix. At day I can indeed confirm that the airport works very well, and it's a beautiful scenery, too! Love the static Russian jetliners hanging around the ramps too. I flew around a little bit further out to see the integration with DD Moscow X, which seems to be very good as well. Overall, very happy with how all these Moscow packages work together. Disclaimer is that I haven't tried at night yet, which, as David said, might be an issue.

As for Moscow City X's included airports, I haven't looked yet at the other ones besides looking at the screenshots. It seems to me that the most detailed airport is Zhukovsky, while Vnukovo and Domodedovo are rather light and Sheremetyevo is missing (as you know). So, DD's Sheremetyevo is an obvious gap-filler, and then with JustSim's Vnukovo and MDesign's Domodedovo we get all major Moscow airports. Get them while you can! Still all 50% off at Simmarket!

My personal problem with all of these airports is that they are all out of the way of all my other airport addons. It's at least a two-hour flight to places such as Vienna, Berlin, even Stockholm, and I like to keep flights around the 1-hour mark. Fortunately I keep being amazed by the sheer volume of quality freeware over at avsim.ru. Some truly good airports are just up for grabs. Got scenery for Kiev, Minsk and Rostov-on-Don, among others. Also got Justsim's Riga, and installed Aerosoft's Helsinki into P3Dv4 without issues. A brand new St. Petersburg was also released for P3Dv4, though I haven't bought it yet - it's 21 Euros.

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt