Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan93102

Prepar3D V4 Scenery Component

Hello all, 

I have already updated Prepar3D V4 Client & Content components to V4.3. I have discovery their is a scenery fix for Cyprus. What I was wanting to find out is if I install the Scenery component would I have to re-install all my add on airports? I do have quite a lot installed and that’s my worry as I don’t have them linked via xml’s. 

Many Thanks, 

Jonathan

- Jonathan Daley

Probably most but it really depends on the individual product. Frankly, your best bet is to bite the bullet and just reinstall all your scenery after the update. If you plan it out and get all the installers ready, it really shouldn't take that long.

If you don't delete the left over folders, chances are that all your orbx stuff will be reconfigured just by running the FX Central

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Installing the scenery component will create a fresh new scenery.cfg, so anything not installed using either add-on.cfg or the autodiscovery method will have to be reinstalled.  Hint:  This is why my 100+ scenery addons use at least one of the recommend methods.

Dan Downs KCRP

4 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Probably most but it really depends on the individual product. Frankly, your best bet is to bite the bullet and just reinstall all your scenery after the update. If you plan it out and get all the installers ready, it really shouldn't take that long.

If you don't delete the left over folders, chances are that all your orbx stuff will be reconfigured just by running the FX Central

Vic

2 minutes ago, downscc said:

Installing the scenery component will create a fresh new scenery.cfg, so anything not installed using either add-on.cfg or the autodiscovery method will have to be reinstalled.  Hint:  This is why my 100+ scenery addons use at least one of the recommend methods.

Many thanks for the replies, I think I might just bite the bullet and install. 

Thanks, 

Jonathan 

- Jonathan Daley

Most of it was terrain fixes, but if you use a mesh addon such as FreeMeshX the update won't make any difference

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

You can always save your scenery.cfg and try using it. That may minimize/eliminate headaches in the update.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.