Sign in to follow this  
Kronovan

Quick Question about Airport Editing.

I spend most of my time in FSX:SE bush piloting around the Pacific North West and unfortunately very few of the smaller, rural airports feature buildings. Meanwhile, I have a nice addon from Zinertek called HD Airport Graphics, that enhances the building and objects at default / plain vanilla airports. Of course those airports must at least have some buildings that can be enhanced. So...I've wondered if it's possible to add just a few plain vanilla buildings to these small airports, so that HD Airport Graphics could take care of the rest by enhancing them with better looking / textured buildings?

I toyed around with an airport editor for FS 2002, but my recollection is that as soon as you make enhancements to an airport, it must then be loaded as separate scenery in the scenery library. That was more than a decade ago and FSX is 2 versions newer, so I'm wondering if that's actually the case, or whether my memory is not serving me correctly here?

Edited by Kronovan