Sign in to follow this  
grayal

San Francisco Default City Buildings with Freemesh

Hi all, I've been trying to track down this issue for some time.

I am using Freemesh Global 2.0 and the USA Beta along with ORBX Base, Vector, NALC, EULC.

I have an issue (picture below) with the buildings on Pier 39 (fisherman's Wharf) sitting offset from the land they should sit on. They are currently in the water. I posted in the Prepar3d forums and the ORBX support forums. I was shown pictures of the same area with my same ORBX products installed and in those pictures, the buildings are in the right spot. This leads me to believe that it must be a problem with FREEMESH. Any help getting the tourists back onto land and not drowning in the bay while they shop for nick knacks and fudge would be greatly appreciated.

https://imgur.com/a/mcpuFIa

Cant figure out how to embed the PIC

Edited by grayal

bah!! forget it guys. This clearly is an ORBX vector issue. ORBX tech support however is disinclined to address it.

3 hours ago, grayal said:

bah!! forget it guys. This clearly is an ORBX vector issue. ORBX tech support however is disinclined to address it.

well, it's also a default scenery issue...are you really certain the buildings are placed correctly but the more accurate coastline from vector is incorrect? there are many instances where the default scenery objects are in the wrong place because they were nudged around to match the original default coastline and terrain layers which are fairly low resolution. by changing to a more accurate coastline you have moved it out of the place where the original buildings were set. so either you'll have to modify them yourself, or go back to the default coast, or live with it. or as suggested the orbx norcal is actually a pretty great scenery that adds tons of fixes and stuff to this area.

cheers,-andy crosby

Edited by spesimen