Sign in to follow this  
grayal

San Francisco Default buildings in the water.

So this is becoming quite the odyssey. I have posted in Prepar3d Scenery DEV forum, The ORBX support forums and the NineTwo Forums (FreeMesh).

I am having an issue with the default buildings on Pier 39 (fisherman's Wharf) offset from the land they are supposed to sit on. They are hangin out in the water.  I have posted the link to the pic of the problem as I don't know how to imbed it.

No reply from P3d Devs

No reply yet from Freemesh

ORBX says it's not their problem and furnished pics of the default scenery without ORBX showing the buildings in the correct place.

This leads me to believe it's a freemesh problem. My issue with this theory is that I should think that a mesh issue would cause the buildings to be incorrect in elevation not physical coordinates unless the coast is what is offset. If the entire coast was offset though other buildings would be misplaced but they aren't.

https://imgur.com/a/mcpuFIa

Edited by grayal

It doesn't look like a mesh problem -from the picture, anyway. I can see that you have at least two different scenery BGLs showing; notice the two Bay Bridges.

So I asked ORBX about that. They said that you can configure vector to hide or show road types to suit your scenery. It has been clear that the double bridges are an ORBX Global Vector issue. I am almost certain that the coast thing with the wharf is as well after a few hours to chew on the problem. 

Right on the Global Vector product page it states that it changes COASTLINES. WELL!!!! Pier 39 would be a coastline in this case. Since the buildings though are default buildings and not autogen, they didn't move when ORBX VECTOR moved the coastline.

I guess I need to learn how to add an exclusion polygon to the area and place the building in the right place.

I have seen MANY stories of situations like this. ORBX tech support seems to have the attitude that if you don't want the floating buildings double bridges or Runways in the water, then "Don't Use Vector."

All in All Vector is AWESOME!!!! I just wish they would be a bit more receptive to small issues it creates rather than saying simply "NOT OUR FAULT" and running away yelling whoop whoop whoop!!!! IM A FIRE TRUCK!! whoop whoop whoop!!!

To be clear. ORBX products AWESOME.

ORBX tech support.......... needs customer service training.

Take your fight to another area of the globe,  get Orbx Nor Cal.

Edited by FunknNasty

Ive been thinking about that very product but I cant find relevant screenshots of the city area. I HAVE found screenshots of San Francisco but not the Embarcadero or Wharf area.

Just another $40 to fix an issue that I think ORBX should be slowly addressing with hotfixes.

IMHO if ORBX is going to introduce an area that makes Default scenery appear is odd places then it wouldn't kill them to exclude the area default scenery and place new similar objects in the correct positions. Yes there would be a lot of them and no one should expect them to change them all but a major metropolitan area should get attention.

Hey....ORBX NCA fixes this you say???? ...$40?  me smells a conspiracy. j/k

1 hour ago, grayal said:

Ive been thinking about that very product but I cant find relevant screenshots of the city area. I HAVE found screenshots of San Francisco but not the Embarcadero or Wharf area.

Just another $40 to fix an issue that I think ORBX should be slowly addressing with hotfixes.

IMHO if ORBX is going to introduce an area that makes Default scenery appear is odd places then it wouldn't kill them to exclude the area default scenery and place new similar objects in the correct positions. Yes there would be a lot of them and no one should expect them to change them all but a major metropolitan area should get attention.

Hey....ORBX NCA fixes this you say???? ...$40?  me smells a conspiracy. j/k

https://imgur.com/Emb5xPG

https://imgur.com/D1eBbBH

https://imgur.com/mAtzOoL

Best damn $40 I've ever spent! Really.

Edited by FunknNasty