Sign in to follow this  
zhensanmao

LINDA for VRinsight CDU II /FCU / MCP -Combo II

Ok!

For example:

Do you have FSLABS?

Do you have a registered FSUIPC?

- Open the Captain MCDU in a 2D Window.

- Open the FSUIPC window and create a new Mousemacro. Give it a name. Ok to close FSUIPC window.

- Click on the button you want to map, for example DIR. Give it a name in the macro window opened once you clicked (green text).

- Go again to FSUIPC window and END mouse macro. Ok to close FSUIPC windows and close simulator.

- Go to \Prepar3D v4\Modules and you will find a XXXX.MCRO file. XXXX is the how you named it.

- Edit the file and you will find something as:

[Macros]
1=DIR
1.1=RX200bf,3
1.2=RX200bf,13

- If everything was fine, you can return to simulator and assign a key combo to the MACRO via FSUIPC key assignment window (for example: Shift+Ctrl+D).

- Go to \Program Files (x86)\VRInsight\CDU-II and execute the keymapper.

- Assign the keycombo (Shift+Ctrl+D) to the key you want. Save the file in the Keymap folder as: SFP2_CDU2_Fslabs.dat

- Go to \Program Files (x86)\VRInsight\bin and edit the CDU2 file. Adding 

AircraftX=Fslabs 

Where X is the next number you have in the start of the file.

- Add this to the end of file. Remember to change X for the number you assigned.

[AircraftX] ; Fslabs
ModuleEx =
Module  = ../CDU-II/SFP2_CDU2_KeyCmd.dll
KeyMap1 = ../CDU-II/KeyMap/SFP2_CDU2_Fslabs.dat
KeyMap2 = CDU2

Win_Name = Captain MCDU
Win_X =3685
Win_Y =1988
Win_W =908
Win_H =1504
Win_UX = 20
Win_UY = 20

Win_Name_Ex =
Win_X_Ex =
Win_Y_Ex =
Win_W_Ex =
Win_H_Ex =
Win_UX_Ex =
Win_UY_Ex =

KBD_Enable= False

SleepTime = 20
UpdateTime = 20

- Save and close.

- You can start your simulator, open and undock the Captain MCDU window and start the Vrisim software. Select the Fslabs profile and fly.

I know its an extense and complicated explication. I will try to make a small manual but you can start trying by yourself.

If you have any question, don't hesitate to contact me.

Edited by Ekim

Miguel Leandro

The disadvantage with Mouse Macros is, that most likely with every new update from FSLabs, you'll have to start making the macro complete new again, as internal numbers will change.

However I can't exactly say if it's the case with FSLabs, but I worked with macros many years ago (before LINDA, and LINDA was necessary because of the macros) and there it was, that with every update by different developers the macros internally change and have to be rewritten.

So, could be used of course as long as we have no better solution, but be aware.

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Ekim. I will be honest and say that I understand almost nothing that you have said. This is all new to me.

So having said that, I decided to put the CDU aside at the moment, and focus on trying to get the MCP Combo up and running with LINDA. So far no success but I'm working my way through the LINDA manuals.

One concern I have though is this statement that you make:

On 11/8/2018 at 1:04 PM, Ekim said:

- You can start your simulator, open and undock the Captain MCDU window and start the Vrisim software.

Now I am very definitely under the impression from what ScotFlieger has repeatedly said that you absolutely could not use LINDA and the Vrisim software. That they were mutually exclusive and that you could only have one or the other installed on your computer. So I was under the impression that going the mousemacro route somehow involved only using LINDA and FSUIPC. Is this not the case?

Put another way, it seems to me that my most basic decision has to be do I try to run both the MCP Combo and the CDU using Vrisim for both, or LINDA and FSUIPC for both. That there is no other choice.

Comments?

PS: I'm running FSX-SE, have a registered version of FSUIPC, PMDG's 737 NGX, and newly acquired VRinsight MCP Combo 2 and CDU II. I've only gotten just into the first tutorial on the 737 so feeling like I've bitten off more than I can chew at the moment.

Edited by WingRider
added postscript

i7-7700K 4.4 GHz / MSI Z270 M7 / 32 Gb Corsair DDR4-3000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC 8 GB GDDR6 / 1 TB Western Digital Black SSD (on the PCI bus) / 500 Gb Samsung EV0 850 SSD (on the SATA bus) / EVGA 850 Gold / Cryorig H7

I'm sorry WingRider, my english is not very good.

If you are flying the PMDG 737 then you should use the CDUII without problems.. Follow the vrinsight panel modifier tool to modify PMDG panel and use the vrinsight cduII software.

You can use LINDA  with the vrinisght mcp. If using LINDA, the vrinsight won't detect the mcp, but it will detect the cduII.

As Scotflieger says, you can't use vrinsight and linda software with the same hardware (MCP), but you can use LINDA with mcp and vrinsight with cdu.

I fly PMDG without any problem!

Miguel Leandro

Ekim - The problem is not with your English, it's with my understanding.

Question: I've got the MCP up and running, but I'm having trouble with the CDU. One issue I have is I cannot get the onscreen CDU to show up on the CDU II's screen. I've followed the instructions given in the CDU II documentation, but the VriSim window with all the arrows that is supposed to size and move the aircraft's screen over onto the CDU II's screen has no affect on it whatsoever. Neither can I just resize the screen with the mouse and then drag it over to the CDU II's screen. The mouse shows up on the small screen, but not the actual visual.

Did you have any problems of this nature?

Thanks

i7-7700K 4.4 GHz / MSI Z270 M7 / 32 Gb Corsair DDR4-3000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC 8 GB GDDR6 / 1 TB Western Digital Black SSD (on the PCI bus) / 500 Gb Samsung EV0 850 SSD (on the SATA bus) / EVGA 850 Gold / Cryorig H7

Are you sure you can use LINDA and mcp, vrinsight and cdu with your colleagues? Is my CDUII resurrected? But vrinsight has not been updated, I wonder if it is feasible?

在2018年11月15日AM1点49分,WingRider说:

Ekim - 问题不在于你的英语,而在于我的理解。

问题:我已经启动并运行了MCP,但是我遇到了CDU的问题。我遇到的一个问题是我无法让屏幕上的CDU显示在CDU II的屏幕上。我已按照CDU II文档中的说明进行操作,但是VriSim窗口上的所有箭头应该是大小并将飞机的屏幕移动到CDU II的屏幕上,这对它没有任何影响。我也不能用鼠标调整屏幕大小,然后将其拖到CDU II的屏幕上。鼠标显示在小屏幕上,但不是实际的视觉效果。

你有这种性质的问题吗?

谢谢

Use the CDUII in vrinsight to be the same as you described. Because vrinsight has not been updated since July 11, 2016

Edited by zhensanmao

Will LINDA develop a driver for the new MS flight simulator 2020?

thanks 

3 hours ago, wlbear said:

Will LINDA develop a driver for the new MS flight simulator 2020?

thanks 

See previous answer

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

I hope it is ok to use this topic for my question, but I think it fits (more or less)

P3V5, FSUIPC, Linda, FSLABS Airbus 320, Vrinsight FCU. Thats all working so far with the known limitation, that the FCU shows actual values and not the data dialed in. BTW: Is there any chance for fixing in, in the MSFS2020 version it works.

But: On the left LCD display I always have the wind data displayed between SPD and HDG, thats quite "confusing" Hot to get rid of it?

Thanks in advance

Oliver

@acer99 Because FSLabs do not allow the FCU data (SPD, HDG, ALT) to be read LINDA can only display the actual values as per the PFD not the FCU.

You can edit the FSLabs A3XX action.lua file to remove the additional information on the FCU.

• Load and Sync the FSLabs A3XX.
  • Click Edit and Edit Actions to open Editor.
  • Goto lines 123-127.
  • Comment out lines reading FLIGHT_INFO1 and FLIGHT_INFO2 using 2 dashes (- -).
  • Click Save.
  • Click Reload LUA Engine.
  • Like 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Again I "have to" thank your for your help, I will try this asap. 

Yes, I already learned from another thread that reading FCU data is not allowed. Is there any reason for that? From my point of view it makes no sense to develop/sell a quite expensive add-on plane claiming that it is very close to the real thing one the one hand and cripple the function of add on hardware, which is designed to support the realistic feeling. Well, I assume I am preaching to the choir but supporting Linda and add on hardware should increase the sales figures.......

Do you have a contact at fslabs where the customers can question that status quo?

@acer99. The answer is simple. They are FSLabs and want to milk users. They have released a Professional version for use with some expensive hardware. 

• Like 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Yes, copy that. And you have to buy licenses from aslabs as well as fromthe hardware manufacturer....nearly for every button. Nevertheless and due to the fact that hardware from Goflight, Vrinsight & Co is sexpensive enough, I will post a "complaint" in there forum if they let me. 

@ScotFlieger

I did the changes as you said, works fine, thanks again. 

I also posted a "complaint" about the non existing FCU Data output, some views, no replies at the moment. I am well aware of the fact that it is a narrow market and that money has to been earned. But I think the developers shoot oneself in their foot, when they forget about the customer, who can spent around 1000-2000 € for add-on Hard/Software, but dont want to build a "professional" Cockpit for around 20000-30000€.