Sign in to follow this  
zhensanmao

LINDA for VRinsight CDU II /FCU / MCP -Combo II

HI

I purchased three products at VRinsight in 2013:

CDU II, MCP Combo II - Airbus FCU and MCP Combo II - Boeing MCP

Always use VRinsight software (http://www.vrinsight.com/devel_shot/index.html

) But it hasn't been updated since July 11, 2016. Contact them, arrogantly, our software will not be updated.

I am very happy to see that your linda area can be used with VRinsight today.

There are a few questions I would like to ask:

1. In addition to VRinsight driver files (VRiSim), can other LINDA be used?

2. Can MCP Combo II - Boeing MCP and CDU II be compatible with PMDG744v3 and QW787?

3. Can the MCP Combo II - Airbus FCU and CDU II be compatible with Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321 professional, FLS A319/A320?

thanks

zhensanmao

Edited by zhensanmao

Hi Zen

LINDA was designed around the VRi Combo MCP Panels. It requires the FPSerial drivers to work but it mutually exclusive with the VRiSim software. you can only one or the other. LINDA can be used to work with the CDU if it can detect the button pushes (not been tested) and functions are available for the MCDU buttons in the LINDA module for the aircraft you wish to use.

The new QW787 module does not have functions for the MCDU buttons but those for the MCP are included. I do not know the status of the PMDG 747 module in this respect. The latest Aerosoft A3XX Pro module does have the functions for the MCDU BUT I have not fully tested these.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

HI 

Thank you very much for your reply, have a better understanding of LINDA, but there are still a few questions

1. I have already set up according to Linda's tutorial yesterday, but in the end how to make the MCP and FCU panels start, I still don't understand, is it started with VRiSim? What is the FPSerial drivers you said? Where can I download?

2. Does Linda have more detailed tutorials and videos?

3. The CDU does not seem to be recognized on LINDA and should be identified under what circumstances. Where are the modules on LINDA?

4. Someone sent PMDG747 QOTSII module version 1.1 (https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/506006-pmdg-747-qotsii-module-version-11/) in the zone, I don’t know if it is available.

It seems that I can't send a picture here. Do you have an email address? Can you give me, I will send it to you?:biggrin:

Thanks   

Zhensanmao

Edited by zhensanmao

1. To use LINDA, you do not use VRSIM software as they conflict and nothing will work. You need the USB to Serial drivers downloadable from the Vrisight’s website. This allows the VRi panels to communicate with FSUIPC and therefore LINDA. 

2. There is an old instruction manual provided with the LINDA download. It covers most of the operation and setup. There is a short YouTube video available on setting up LINDA (search LINDA). 

3. There is no LINDA support for the CDU. There are no plans to provide any support. This means that you will have to do everything using VRISim and lose any use of LINDA. 

4. There is a LINDA module available for the PMDG 747QOTS under LINDA Downloads. 

5. Email is LINDA @ awginfosys.net (remove spaces). 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

HI

Is this software?            CDM v2.12.28 WHQL Certified

zhensanmao

Edited by zhensanmao

HI

MR ScotFlieger

1. I am very happy and responsible to tell you that I have removed the VRiSim driver and everything is turned on. My MCP-Boeing and FCU-Airbus were finally used. I downloaded your model module, Test Airbus FSL319 / 320, AS319 Professional, Boeing PMEDG737, 777, 747, QW787. All models are fully operational on MCP-Boeing and FCU-Airbus.

2, the first regret, QW787's altimeter knob, there is a problem, only in units of 1000

3, the second regret is that CDUII can not run on LINDA, and LINDA and VLiSim can not be used at the same time, I would like to ask if there is a good way to make my three products available

I have been looking for the right way for the past few years. I finally found it today. I am very grateful to the LINDA team and Mr. ScotFlieger. At the same time, I expressed strong dissatisfaction with the after-sales team of VRInsight products. Their attitude is very arrogant. They clearly told me that the software is no longer upgraded. Of course, they didn't tell me that a team called "LINDA" was busy researching VRInsight's product drivers.

5, for this I have to donate $50 to the LINDA team, although not much, but expressed my heart!

EDIT: I removed this sensitive information here

zhensanmao

(阎 省 yansheng)

Edited by guenseli

to 3) Yes, VRInsight has unfortunately a very rude attitude. We also asked them several times for supporting us a bit, but they always denied or haven't even answered. I bet, that they sold a lot of units simply because of LINDA. But they see us more as rivals then as supporters for their hardware.

to 5) Recieved, answered and very thankful about!

• Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. The correct serial to USB drivers are downloadable from FTDI Downloads. This allows the VRi panels to communicate with FSUIPC and hence LINDA. Do not run the VRiSim.exe otherwise a clash will occur.
  2. I have modified the ALT knob inc/dec function to better follow the Auto/1000 switch position. This will be included in the next update.

Thank you for the donation. It gets expensive self-funding all the new aircraft releases people want.

Edited by ScotFlieger
Driver link corrected

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

On 7/19/2018 at 7:02 AM, zhensanmao said:

3, the second regret is that CDUII can not run on LINDA, and LINDA and VLiSim can not be used at the same time, I would like to ask if there is a good way to make my three products available

I have been looking for the right way for the past few years. I finally found it today. I am very grateful to the LINDA team and Mr. ScotFlieger. At the same time, I expressed strong dissatisfaction with the after-sales team of VRInsight products. Their attitude is very arrogant. They clearly told me that the software is no longer upgraded. Of course, they didn't tell me that a team called "LINDA" was busy researching VRInsight's product drivers.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

zhensanmao - Are you saying that you were able to get the VRInsight Boeing CDU to work with Linda?

I'm very much wanting to purchase the Boeing MCP  & CDU II but have been confuse as to whether anyone has gotten the CDU to work.

ScotFlieger -  "Thank you for the donation. It gets expensive self-funding all the new aircraft releases people want."

I have no idea what it would take in time/cost to enable LINDA to support the CDU II, nor how many people are trying to, or wanting to, use a CDU II. However, I'm wondering if there would be a snowballs chance in hell of trying to crowd source such a project?

Edited by ScotFlieger

i7-7700K 4.4 GHz / MSI Z270 M7 / 32 Gb Corsair DDR4-3000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC 8 GB GDDR6 / 1 TB Western Digital Black SSD (on the PCI bus) / 500 Gb Samsung EV0 850 SSD (on the SATA bus) / EVGA 850 Gold / Cryorig H7

LINDA fully supports the VRInsight Combo MCP (Boeing) and FCU (Airbus) around which it was designed. Without access to a VRInsight CDUII for a lengthy period of time there will be no LINDA support for this device. 

My private investment on aircraft add-ons and hardware for the sole support of the LINDA community is significant and no where near covered by individual donations for help provided. My budget does not stretch to an CDU or other expensive hardware. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

12 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

LINDA fully supports the VRInsight Combo MCP (Boeing) and FCU (Airbus) around which it was designed. Without access to a VRInsight CDUII for a lengthy period of time there will be no LINDA support for this device. 

My private investment on aircraft add-ons and hardware for the sole support of the LINDA community is significant and no where near covered by individual donations for help provided. My budget does not stretch to an CDU or other expensive hardware. 

So, let me ask the question more directly. If, somehow someone(s) were to:

• Provide you with a VRinsight CDUII - yours to keep
  • $XX

Would you:

• Even be interested in developing LINDA for the CDUII
  • And what would $XX need to be.

Figure it doesn't hurt to ask

Thanks

i7-7700K 4.4 GHz / MSI Z270 M7 / 32 Gb Corsair DDR4-3000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC 8 GB GDDR6 / 1 TB Western Digital Black SSD (on the PCI bus) / 500 Gb Samsung EV0 850 SSD (on the SATA bus) / EVGA 850 Gold / Cryorig H7

Adding bespoke support of the CDUII would involve not insignificant changes to the LINDA GUI similar to the MCP pages. Access to the physical hardware would be required for at least 6 months and retention would allow continued support. Details of the interface requirements from VRInsight would be essential to successful completion. 

I won't quote a cost element as all LINDA support relies on my free time which has other priorities and calls on it (ie. family and business). Donations are accepted based on the value users place on our support contribution.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

With the new FSUIPC mouse macro i can use the CDUII without problems with the original software.

I'm using the Maddog, FSLABS, Aerosoft, DashQ and B717.

Just some minutes making the mouse macro file.

Assing keystrokes via the FSUIPC.

Edit the VRInsight profile with the assigned Keystrokes.

Miguel Leandro

On 11/2/2018 at 9:28 AM, Ekim said:

With the new FSUIPC mouse macro i can use the CDUII without problems with the original software.

I'm using the Maddog, FSLABS, Aerosoft, DashQ and B717.

Just some minutes making the mouse macro file.

Assing keystrokes via the FSUIPC.

Edit the VRInsight profile with the assigned Keystrokes.

Ekim,

I'm new to all this. Could you send me an example of what you are talking about? It would be appreciated.