Sign in to follow this  
boshar

Aerosoft Piper Cheyenne....How is it?

I viewed the video of the Cheyenne on the Aerosoft site. What a sexy plane! Tell me, if you have it, how is it to fly? How is it on FRAME RATES, and please give me any info on the plane that you feel is appropriate. I may purchase this weekend.Also, what's the new service release about? Stan

You will be surprised, runs great compared to other payware I have. I too was worried about that based on the detail in the shots, but it performs well on my rig (AMD 4800+, 2 gig 3200, 850XTPE 256)Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/tfbeta.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW

Great Addon... Period

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

If you are a GA / turboprop fan you really don't want to miss out on this one. Also it has been patched a couple of times by now, excellent support.Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

the frame rates are very good, even in the virtual cockpit, the refresh rate of the main gauges (ADI,HSI) instead are not so good. I had expected are bit more performance here ´cause this is one of the aircrafts that has only one entry for the virtual cockpit in the panel.cfg. So the slow refresh rate of the above mentioned gauges must be somewhere in the code of those gauges.Ron

Guest dpc

Your results with VC gauges my vary. I find them to be very fluid on my systemDave________________________________________AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego @ 2.6MhzNForce4-A939 mobo 1G FSB2x1G Cosair XMS Ram on dual channelsSapphire Radeon X1900XT Video Card @ XTX23" Apple Cinema Display @ 1920X1200Soundblaster Live24Saitek Cyborg EVO TrackIR4

Guest stan5925

Just bought it.....thanks for the input. Stan

>Your results with VC gauges my vary. I find them to be very>fluid on my system>>Dave>________________________________________>AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego @ 2.6Mhz>NForce4-A939 mobo 1G FSB>2x1G Cosair XMS Ram on dual channels>Sapphire Radeon X1900XT Video Card @ XTX>23" Apple Cinema Display @ 1920X1200>Soundblaster Live24>Saitek Cyborg EVO >TrackIR4Same here.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Really?? Runs like crap on my system and I have 2GB RAM and an AMD 4000+.

- Aaron

I have a fairly slow system (Athlon XP 2500, 1 GB RAM, GF 6600GT 128 MB AGP) and the Cheyenne runs pretty well. There's a significant delay switching into the VC while it loads textures, but I have lots of payware that does that. I've had no trouble with slow VC gauges (they're plenty fast on my system) and all in all I think it's a great package. The Trimble 2000 GPS in particular, I think, is a neat thing that I've never seen simulated in FS2004 before.The service pack fixes a number of little bugs that were in the main release. The guys at Digital Aviation are very active on their forums (http://www.digital-aviation.de) and Hans Hartmann has literally fixing bugs almost as fast as they're being reported.Lewis "Moose" GregoryRichmond, Virginia

Gauges are smooth here too... no problem.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Guest RiddlePilot

Going on what Lewis said...I had the pleasure of being a beta tester. I went out of town for 2 days this past week and when I got home there were 5 updates to the package in my mail box to test. That was post release, pre SP1. The same went during beta testing. I couldn't install the fixes fast enough to keep up and have a current version. I can vouch that the bugs are being fixed as quickly as humanly possible after being reported. You can't go wrong with a package that receives that much attention and dedication from the developer.

Are you saying that Aerosoft is working on making this a more "fluid flyer"? I hope so, or it won't be flown much by me. That's good news if that's what you mean. How soon for something to come out? Stan

Guest RiddlePilot

First off, its Digital Aviation. Aerosoft is just the distributor. Kind of like when you go to the store and buy a Hershey's candy bar.What exactly do you mean by "fluid flyer"? Everything about it is fluid on my year old system.