Sign in to follow this  
boshar

Aerosoft Piper Cheyenne....How is it?

I'm not sure I agree with the assertion that the Cheyenne is more "fluid" than the Aeroworx King Air, as different systems may be set up differently.My advice would be to comb the tips and tricks forum for ideas on how to improve your system performance. The Cheyenne does indeed run smoothly when your system is set up to maximize performance.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

The Cheyenne systems are smoother on my system then the Aeroworx King Air. However, the Aeroworx King Air is getting old (relatively speaking), so it probably doesn't have some the design techniques of the Cheyenne.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

If you define "fluid" as just VC gauge refresh, then at least for me, the Cheyenne (with one Vcockpit section in the panel.cfg) is much better than the King Air (which has four or five IIRC). OTOH, I have fewer little hitches and glitches while panning in the King Air, probably due to smaller texture sizes requiring fewer swaps to/from disk. And since I'm running Active Camera with the head latency turned up, when I get a disk access in the middle of a turn, it tends to slam my head off the window. :) Frames in both seem about even assuming no texture swaps.I love them both. They're different in their own way, and both are fantastic, and neither one of them is coming off my hard drive anytime soon.Y'know, personally, I think DA could get away with selling that Trimble 2000 from the Cheyenne as a stand-alone like RXP's Garmins. It's not nearly as slick as a GNS 430, but the more I play with it, the more I like it. It's a fascinating piece of kit in its own right.Lewis "Moose" GregoryRichmond, Virginia

I define fluid as in more than 6fps. I loaded up a flight at the new KDCA and I got 6-8 fps from the 2D panel, the VC and even outside the aircraft. I loaded the same airport, same time of day, with the Aeroworx B200 and got 20fps. Pretty cut and dry for me and again, my system is an AMD 4000+ with 2GB ram and an nVidia 6800GT.

- Aaron

Strange, in my case the Aerosoft Piper has way beter fps then the Aeroworx B200. Thats on a machine thats not as good as yours. It looks like something is wrong in your configuration. Maybe some other add-on or a setting you made in your fs9.cfg?

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg