Sign in to follow this  
Dazkent

Is V3 still worth using.

Thank you for all your replies, I really appreciate the input.:smile:

I have decided to go with V3 for now and save some pennies for more RAM and a new GPU with a view to updating to V4 or V5 at a later date  I know my current GPU will probably not be up to the job due to the amount of VRAM so I was initially looking at a GTX1070, the GTX1080 is about £100/$160 dollars more. For 1080P on a single screen would the 1070 be enough or should i save a bit more and just go for the 1080?

What i am really looking for is a solid smooth experience on my 60hz monitor, not necessarily everything on Max settings.

Many thanks

Daz

Edited by Dazkent

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

1 hour ago, Dazkent said:

I have decided to go with V3 for now and save some pennies for more RAM and a new GPU with a view to updating to V4 or V5 at a later date  I know my current GPU will probably not be up to the job due to the amount of VRAM so I was initially looking at a GTX1070, the GTX1080 is about £100/$160 dollars more. For 1080P on a single screen would the 1070 be enough or should i save a bit more and just go for the 1080?

What i am really looking for is a solid smooth experience on my 60hz monitor, not necessarily everything on Max settings.

Many thanks

Daz

Depending on your budget go with the best GPU u can get.  V4 will bring my 1080ti to its knees quite rapidly when using higher graphics settings.  Just depends on how much eye candy u would like to see.

Matt Wilson

13 hours ago, Dazkent said:

Many thanks

Daz

I am using a GTX1070 for a single 1080P screen in P3DV4 and am very happy with the experience.

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Upvote 1

Bert

Upgrading to the 1070 GPU would be a very cost-effective upgrade. This GPU and your 4790K CPU are very competent to run P3d v.3 or 4, and run it well! You don't need a new system, just the GPU and RAM. 

• Upvote 1