Sign in to follow this  
Yosm

777 Friction model, will it be updated? or what else can be done?

Hi all,

PMDG has updated their 777 friction model some time ago, but in my opinion it is still not up to par with the 747V3 or competitor products. 

Examples are:

• Light weight (after landing) taxi on idle- or low engine power, nearly impossible. 
  • stopping distance with the autobrake upon landing, is this realistic? Compared to the 747 it feels as if the 777 stops within a heartbeat, while the 747 takes it's distance. 
  • starting taxi requires quite high N1 before aicraft starts moving. Does anyone get this too?

Is this something that PMDG will update in the future? or will there be a more general update to bring it up to par with the 747V3? 

Let me know!

Yori Smulders

7 minutes ago, Yori Smulders said:

it is still not up to par with the 747V3

None of our stuff is. Only the 744 has the custom ground contact model. It will eventually make its way back.

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

8 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

None of our stuff is. Only the 744 has the custom ground contact model. It will eventually make its way back.

Hi Kyle,

Thank you for your super fast reply! 

Is there any high level timeline known for this update? like within 6 months or within 1 year?

41 minutes ago, Yori Smulders said:

Is there any high level timeline known for this update? like within 6 months or within 1 year?

We've never really given timelines or release dates. It'll go out when we find time and it's ready to go out.

Kyle Rodgers

Maybe I am the wrong person to comment (as I generally fly empty aircraft with MEDIUM fuel loads), but the 777 starts moving for me at around 25% power. I have noted the superior engine/wheel braking of the 777 when compared to the 747, but I assumed that this was a combination of those huge GE90s doing their stuff, and also more powerful brakes....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

For superior read inferior... I know I'm only a 737 jock, but it still cracks me up when new F/Os go through the landing perf data and select AB2 on runways... 

I do have to remind them that AB2 and idle reverse, or detent 2 for that matter will see them gracefully slide off the end of virtually any European or UK airport. These large aircraft don't stop on a dime, never have, never will. Chris, if you're flying them light, it's not really representative of what they're designed to do. Get some weight in there! You'll find they fly a lot better.

Edited by MarkJHarris
  • Upvote 1

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!