Sign in to follow this  
Cyaniide

PTA Update Issue Please Help.....

I dismissed the prompt to update to v2.62 by accident. Is there not any way to re-trigger the prompt? As I really want to do the update ASAP and I’m not wanting to do a complete re-install of the product as I have done that before and had a whole load of problems with the acitivation code. Please help as I want to get flying with PTA ASAP and try and keep the answers simple thank you.

You can literally get the latest version by visiting the thread pinned at the top of the forum:

You don't need to re trigger the prompt. 

It's an entirely new version, new executable.

Edited by MattDavies

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Just to make a point...I downloaded originally from Main page and was getting V 2.11, but when I went to my purchases and downloaded from there I was able to get proper version. Not sure why but that solved the first problem.

However now I have new issue. This is the error:

ERROR: shader file E:\Lockheed Martin\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file E:\Lockheed Martin\ShadersHLSL\General.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file E:\Lockheed Martin\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file E:\Lockheed Martin\ShadersHLSL\FuncLibrary.fxh is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file E:\Lockheed Martin\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fxh is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file E:\Lockheed Martin\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used

I am wondering if someone could help. At least P3D is recognized this time.

Thank you

P.S. I restored (deleted shadder) but still issue. Should I delete these files?

Edited by cyyzrwy24

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

The latest version of P3D is v4.3, this is listed as a download here: 

On 7/18/2018 at 1:58 AM, cyyzrwy24 said:

Just to make a point...I downloaded originally from Main page and was getting V 2.11, but when I went to my purchases and downloaded from there I was able to get proper version. Not sure why but that solved the first problem.

However now I have new issue. This is the error:

ERROR: shader file E:\Lockheed Martin\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file E:\Lockheed Martin\ShadersHLSL\General.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file E:\Lockheed Martin\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file E:\Lockheed Martin\ShadersHLSL\FuncLibrary.fxh is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file E:\Lockheed Martin\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fxh is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file E:\Lockheed Martin\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used

I am wondering if someone could help. At least P3D is recognized this time.

Thank you

P.S. I restored (deleted shadder) but still issue. Should I delete these files?

Uninstall & reinstall the client module only of P3D, then run PTA as admin and it will be fixed.

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.