Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

Videolink - How do airports make money

Excellent share!!!

All I can say, I am always amazed on how many jobs that one airport creates.  Airports in my opinion really do help and vitalize the local economy.  Besides, I love watching airplanes from the gate windows and what not.  

Airports are fun (lets forget the long security lines...also depends on airport...these days things are fast - that is a different topic)...aside that everything is so much fun for an Aviation geek.

Edited by Skywolf
  • Upvote 2

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Fees makes my blood boil.  Some airport charge more fees, EWR to LHR a couple weeks ago, we paid: 

• Airfare:
    USD
  • U.S. Customs User Fee:
  • U.S. Immigration User Fee:
  • U.S. APHIS User Fee:
  • U.S. Transportation Tax:
  • September 11th Security Fee:
  • U.K. Air Passenger Duty:
  • U.K. Passenger Service Charge:
  • U.S. Passenger Facility Charge:
  • Per Person Total:
    USD
  • eTicket Total:
    USD

The airline has a landing fee (which is probably in the airfare), yet I am being charged a fee too?  Isn't that double taxation?

My dad's ticket in the 50's cost $35 (I believe it was ATL to CLE) and there were no taxes listed.

• Upvote 1

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

thanks for sharing....Better to be a shareholder of a big airport than a big airline...

henry k

Because it fits the topic, another videolink about the cost of slots at EGLL and what airlines do to keep them ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8XZriAdB1g

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Our major airport could probably thrive just on what it collects in car parking fees.

Cheers

Steve Hall

14 hours ago, cowpatz said:

Our major airport could probably thrive just on what it collects in car parking fees.

Quite true, EWR airprot is ridiculous https://www.newarkairport.com/to-from-airport/parking

I used to pay $9 a day at the long term P6, which can add 20 minutes since it's is about two miles from the terminals (and the one you have to get off at is usually the last one).  With bags  quite heavy, well my wife's, we take a limo instead.

• Upvote 1

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

One of the biggest money makers for airports, is the fees at the car parks.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

They may start charging more as some airlines are pulling out of some airports and staff are being laid off, profits falling.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg