Recommended Posts

Hello, this has been something I feel alot of people wanted for a while now, and that is BBJ variants of the 737s. It could really just be a duplicated model and everything but just with the amended weight, fuel capacity, and range that the BBJs have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

19 minutes ago, zburns896 said:

Hello, this has been something I feel alot of people wanted for a while now, and that is BBJ variants of the 737s. It could really just be a duplicated model and everything but just with the amended weight, fuel capacity, and range that the BBJs have.

And a lot of people know that, if PMDG do it, they do it properly. We won't get it for the NGX. The NG3 however.... I will hold out hope that we have a much rounder package 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

There is some stuff in the library for BBJ paint jobs.  The one I downloaded, I believe, is fictional.  The main problem I see w/ PMDG offering BBJ paint jobs that exist in real life, is that they may be copyrighted by the owners of the aircraft.

And as far as adjusting the weight, fuel capacity, and range to match a particular BBJ- I suppose that would be different for each BBJ and if you are duplicating a real BBJ with the same paint job, you run into the copyright issue I mentioned above.

Playing devil's advocate, there may be some owners of 737 BBJ that would be thrilled to have their livery duplicated, but on the other hand some of these folks are trying to minimize their exposure to the public, for obvious reasons.  And good luck reaching out to them- if I were rich enough to own my own 737 I'd be in it flying to exotic destinations, and not answering letters that aren't going to help pay for the fuel costs, nor the mandatory all female crew I'd insist on flying everywhere with.

Mark Trainer

"...the women will have to be selected for their sexual characteristics which will have to be of a highly stimulating nature."

- Dr. Strangelove, from the movie "Dr. Strangelove, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb" (best B-52 movie of all time)

 

Edited by mtrainer
My mechinal keyboard has a sticky "T" key.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could be wrong, and I often am, but isn't the base model BBJ a -600 body on a -700 wing with fuel tanks in the forward and aft belly (Former Baggage Compartments)?

 

Scott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, skyymann said:

I could be wrong, and I often am, but isn't the base model BBJ a -600 body on a -700 wing with fuel tanks in the forward and aft belly (Former Baggage Compartments)?

Negative, the base model is a -700 with additional fuel tanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When PMDG redid the 747 into the QOTS II, we received a lot of different models with it... will they do that with the NGX3? Who knows.... only PMDG and BETA testers. Gotta wait on news. They dont share something just because their fan base demands it. They share when they are ready to share.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, skyymann said:

I could be wrong, and I often am, but isn't the base model BBJ a -600 body on a -700 wing with fuel tanks in the forward and aft belly (Former Baggage Compartments)?

 

Scott

-700 Body with an -800 wing. Many different options for extra fuel tanks

 

Zach 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite BBJ is simply a B736 with a livery from AVSIM (N921BJ).  I would like additional fuel capacity, but at five hours the stage length is enough to get around the world.  I recommend trying it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, mtrainer said:

"...the women will have to be selected for their sexual characteristics which will have to be of a highly stimulating nature."

- Dr. Strangelove, from the movie "Dr. Strangelove, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb" (best B-52 movie of all time)

 

Mark,

The is probably the funniest scene, in probably the funniest movie I've ever watched!

Kind Regards,

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If you use the online SimBrief to create your flightplans, it has BBJ's in the list of aircraft you can select for your flight.  I can't vouch for how accurate the loading parameters for them may be.  They were obviously developed by somebody to be used with the SimBrief flight planning program.  Currently there are 3 of them...

BBJ1 = 737-700

BBJ2 = 737-800

BBJ3 = 737-900

They are located at the BOTTOM of all the other Boeing's in the SimBrief aircraft selection list.

Also, there are other freeware paint liveries on various flight sim sites for download that will work fine with the PMDG 737 models (all the ones I found are on AVSIM or Flightsim.com).  Do a search in their libraries for PMDG Boeing Business Jet. I currently have 3 600's paint schemes (although they don't exist in the real world), one of which is a fictional ETOPS model.  There are 2 700's, 1 is ETOPS.  They look great and work fine after installing through the PMDG Operations Center.  You can "fake" a 737-600 BBJ flight by using SimBrief and selecting the "regular" 737-600 from the drop down list.  Just limit your passenger load to no more than about 8 people, then max out the cargo holds weight-wise to simulate the "VIP Interior" weight of the cabin design (bed, cabinets, marble counter tops, sofas, recliners, etc). 

It won't be perfect, but we are being fictional about it, so just have fun.  I love the "simulated" looks I get flying my personal BBJ 600 into places like ORBX KTEX (Telluride), KTVL (South Lake Tahoe), and if you're feeling really frisky, KSEZ (Sedona, AZ).  Large enough parking spots may be hard to find though.  😊   

Edited by FalconAF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:03 AM, downscc said:

My favorite BBJ is simply a B736 with a livery from AVSIM (N921BJ).  I would like additional fuel capacity, but at five hours the stage length is enough to get around the world.  I recommend trying it.

Yep that's the one I'm using for my BBJ ever since I saw your screen snapshots.  It's a great paintjob.  This will be the first airplane I plan to take around the world- something I remember you said you did with this livery.  I'm kind of stalled out though in Alaska's PAHO right now waiting for when I have the time to fly to Hawaii.  Was the Hawaiian Island chain one of your stops?  And if so, might I ask where you went from there (if you were heading Westbound).

Thanks,

Mark Trainer

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, mtrainer said:

Yep that's the one I'm using for my BBJ ever since I saw your screen snapshots.  It's a great paintjob.  This will be the first airplane I plan to take around the world- something I remember you said you did with this livery.  I'm kind of stalled out though in Alaska's PAHO right now waiting for when I have the time to fly to Hawaii.  Was the Hawaiian Island chain one of your stops?  And if so, might I ask where you went from there (if you were heading Westbound).

Thanks,

Mark Trainer

 

ASA has daily service in a B738 or 739 between PANC PHNL and KSEA.  End up taking it back to PANC from KSEA and you have yourself a nice four segment journey.  My round the world trip was KSNA PHKO NSTU YBBN YBRM VTBS OMDB LGKR EINN KBOS KSNA.  I have addon sceneries for each of those locations.  Longest leg was either Brisbane-Broom or Shannon-Boston, not sure.

Edited by downscc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now