Hey friends of avsim forums, I'm planning build a new PC for running P3D v3.2 at first place and I'm watching in youtube a lot of videos about comparisons, I'm interesting in I3 8350K vs I7 7700K processor due to the first one has almost the same performance than second one obviously working along a strong GPU 1070 or 1080. I have a question about cores and threads, How many cores need P3D for running properly?. the I3 costs half price than I7 so I can take advantage and get a 1080. 

Nibaldo Soto A.

Flight sims always want horsepower!  Which means a higher CPU frequency... the higher the better, and it must be overclocked (always go with a "K" CPU if buying Intel).  The 7700K also offers HyperThreading, which can be beneficial if used properly.  It also offers 50% more cache.  Put more money into a top notch CPU and go with the 1070 (a great GPU).

Just my 2 penny's worth,

Greg

If you are upgrading a much older system, then you should go for the latest hardware. I would not get the 7700K, going for the 8700K (2 more cores, 4 more if you count HT) on a decent mainboard. NVidia cards are no longer the really stupid prices they were 3 months ago, eother, so you could look into a Ti model, 1070 or 1080... It all boils down to your budget. What is your budget and what is your current system?

I wouldn't bother getting the i3 and pairing it with a 1080 or 1080Ti. Better to go with the 8700K and pair it with the 1070 or Ti, along with some decent ram and mainboard...

A

Shout out for the 8600K ...save yourself $150 over the 8700K.  There's not a darn thing an 8700k can do that an 8600K can't with HT off The wise man with the 8700K uses no HT.