Sign in to follow this  
Paul_

Good to go with 4.3?

Hi everyone 

I haven’t actually upgraded the client to v4.3 yet and just wanted to find out if most addons are up and running with it making it good to go .. 

In the main I am running Orbx/Active Sky 16/ASCA/UK2000 Airports/GSX/My Traffic 6 and that’s about it ..

Thanks in advance 

Paul 

G'day Paul,

from what I've been reading a lot of add-ons are running fine on v4.3 and others are being worked on as we speak. You may have to upgrade to ASP4 from AS16 but that's a free jump. Not sure about MT6 though.

You should be good to go, generally. Unless you want to hold off until v5! 😎

Cheers.

Edited by speedyTC

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

I am still holding off.  I had the black screen spooling up issue and went back to 4.2.  I to, am hoping and waiting for a patch or fix from LM so that the transition does not require such an arduous troubleshooting experience to upgrade to 4.3.    

I've switched to 4.3 and I'm having no problems at all so far.  I would go for it.

I'm like you in that I always wait about three weeks or so before updating.

I'm running Orbx, many payware aircraft and airports and ActiveSky for P3Dv4.

Cheers everybody ...it’s well appreciated ... I’ll download and install the client tomorrow 

Paul 

No problems for me, just make sure you have updated 4.3 add-on products, especially any shader based products like PTA, ENVSHADE, etc.

Cheers, Rob.

20 hours ago, Paul_ said:

Hi everyone 

I haven’t actually upgraded the client to v4.3 yet and just wanted to find out if most addons are up and running with it making it good to go .. 

In the main I am running Orbx/Active Sky 16/ASCA/UK2000 Airports/GSX/My Traffic 6 and that’s about it ..

Thanks in advance 

Paul 

Yes! 😎

3 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

No problems for me, just make sure you have updated 4.3 add-on products, especially any shader based products like PTA, ENVSHADE, etc.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob, do you know if FSDT and Flightbeam have updated or do you still have to move them out of the Documents folder?  

1 minute ago, kenthom said:

Hi Rob, do you know if FSDT and Flightbeam have updated or do you still have to move them out of the Documents folder?  

You do need to uninstall all Flightbeam airports, then download files again (it's free) and then reinstall. All airports installed on P3D v4.3, and 'updated' using Flightbeam Manager, with no issues at all. 😀

27 minutes ago, PopsBellNC said:

You do need to uninstall all Flightbeam airports, then download files again

No need to do that, unless you uninstall them and delete the addon.xml.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

2 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

No need to do that, unless you uninstall them and delete the addon.xml.

I did have to delete and reinstall due to issues with SODE jetways.

Deleting the Flightbeam airports, re-downloading (not necessary if you have your 'original' file saved somewhere and know where they are, but for me it was just easier to re-download) and then install each again. Took maybe 20 minutes - tops - beginning to end. And, you don't have to mess with any files or folders at all.

So, by doing this, you have a truly 'clean' install for Flightbeam airports for P3D v4.3. There is an issue with SODE and SODE's 'Connect' program - but doing the clean install walks you through that as well.

Bottom-line: Is it necessary? I don't know, but it was for me...and again, the clean re-install of Flightbeam products was quick and everything works flawlessly. Fast, simple and clean.

Just IMHO. 😉

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, PopsBellNC said:

did have to delete and reinstall due to issues with SODE jetways.

You omitted that from your original post 🙂 Hence my answer. I back up my Sode folder, just in case. Saves a lot of hassle later.

The OP was only updating the Client, not full reinstall, so that advice you gave the OP was incorrect, and it would have created a lot more work for him.

My FB Sode files stayed intact, so maybe the issue was there before you updated, as uninstalling the client does not effect your addon installations.

Edited by ZKOKQ
  • Like 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

3 hours ago, kenthom said:

With regards to FSDT, we don't place *any* files related to the scenery in the Documents folder. ONLY the add-on.xml is there, with paths pointing to the actual scenery files location that can be anywhere.

This is the best way to install a scenery the P3D4-way that still allows for auto-discovery (no need to reinstall the scenery after a complete reinstall of the sim), and also give users the freedom to install a scenery anywhere, even on a different drive.

So no, there's no need to move anything, at least where FSDT is concerned.

Edited by virtuali

10 hours ago, kenthom said:

I haven't needed to do anything "special" with FSDT or FB.  With FSDT just run their updater externally (normal process I do once a week but not required as FSDT notify of pending updates), with FB just run their manager and make sure all is up to date.

Cheers, Rob.