Sign in to follow this  
jrwentz

CP on two computers

I have been trying to install CP on my secondary computer system, with no fix from oldprop support.

I keep getting the response that I need a different email account to activate on my secondary computer.

Since I have recently purchased CP again for this purpose, I do not understand the requirement of a

different email account. This to me is a game stopper for this wonderful CP software. Has anyone else

experienced this awkward requirement to activate the CP? 

Why is it a show stopper?

It’s super simple... you have 2 accounts for 2 computers. From what I see you already have your licenses bound to 2 accounts. Simply log into those accounts in VFXCentral and install ChasePlane from there. We can the link your presets from one ChasePlane to the other.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Please forward to me the 2 accounts that the licenses are bound to.

By show stopper, I mean I really want to have both of my computers to

have your wonderful CP program, and I am disappointed that it hasn't happened yet,

I am sorry if I left a negative impression with this problem,

My main computer has been running CP with no problem, that is what is so perplexing.

How important is the Confirmation ID and the Transaction ID in relation to my problem?

Edited by jrwentz

Hi Joseph,

1. You have 2 accounts, one ending with @wowway.com and one ending with @gmail.com
  2. You have 2 licenses of ChasePlane bought through your @wowway.com email but assigned to both those accounts
  3. Currently, you have VFXCentral installed on both computer but they are both connected on the same account. They have to each be connected on their own account.
  4. Press the LOGOUT button in the VFXCentral where you are seeing the activation error (dismiss any error message you are getting)
  5. Log back in using your @gmail.com account

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Kevin,

Thanks for the info that you sent, it has helped me cure the problem, which was always my fault. Once I activated the LOGOUT button as you recommended, I was able to log into the secondary email account and CP came alive.

All is well.

Thanks much for hanging in there with me!

Still enjoying the CP, it is a work to be proud of. Can you un-sync my two accounts, I think they are interfering with each other.

Thanks

It seems like the presets change following the start up from the other account computer. Maybe they should not be linked? 

Disregard Kevin, I found that I had a bad USB two way adapter that was killing the throttle pad which I had buttons assigned in the preset.