Sign in to follow this  
Ioan92

About that thread: P3D 4.1 CTD near Labrador [4.2 and 4.3 too]

5 minutes ago, tooting said:

ive always thought it was something to do with tijmezones

Nope, that was an early hypothesis but never born out as possibly true.  Pretty much ruled out because it happens with or without time zone fixer, which completely replaces the timezone bgl data.

Dan Downs KCRP

Has anyone tried the sim with Time Zone fixer (I got on Sim-market for 7 Euros, apparently the sale never ends for this product...always on sale) - They do claim it fixes time zone issues in the sim.

Maybe the crashes could stop with this tool's bgl. 

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

3 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Maybe the crashes could stop with this tool's bgl. 

I don't use it and I don't have the crashes.  

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

4 hours ago, SteveW said:

I use IFPro to ascertain the root causes of CTDs and problem addons.

IFPro?  (a Google search yielded pages and pages of nonsense)

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

3 hours ago, downscc said:

Nope, that was an early hypothesis but never born out as possibly true.  Pretty much ruled out because it happens with or without time zone fixer, which completely replaces the timezone bgl data.

I don't see that as ruling timezone issues out...it might rule out bad data around the problem locations defined in the timezone definition bgl, but it doesn't necessarily address process/algorithm issues.  I do still wonder if crossing a TZ boundary that moves the date back (in either/both of UTC or local time) might cause some sort of logic fault, as a programmer might have assumed that date always moves forward.  At any rate, a corrected TZ definition bgl would not necessarily alter that sort of behavior (if it existed).

Regards

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

11 minutes ago, w6kd said:

IFPro?  (a Google search yielded pages and pages of nonsense)

Ideal Flight Bob. Steve is the Developer.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Just now, ZKOKQ said:

Ideal Flight Bob. Steve is the Developer.

Ah so.  ranksarot

Bob,

I'd be glad to help if I could, but I do not have the problem.  I've gone back and flown routes where people have had crashes and my machine goes through these areas without any problem.  I circle the globe a couple of times a week one week going east to west and the next west to east and almost always in the northern hemisphere.  Dan and I have similar machines and we both are pretty much PMDG exclusively.  One thing about my system is I only use a few select scenery/utility vendors and FSUIPC. 

Some of the things I do is Stars is updated and I use aero.sors to update navaids and mag var.  I fly VATSIM on every flight and always at 1.0X and use Real Traffic. 

If I didn't know better I would think that this is a memory problem.  I still follow the old FSX philosophy of only having scenery I am currently using activated and don't have my setting as high as they can go.  I don't have any AI activated except for what VATSIM/Real Traffic generate.  

If I were having this CTD I would go back to a basic setup with one aircraft, no scenery or weather and fly the route I was having a problem with. If the flight passed, keep adding until it failed.  

Another thing that might be related that does happen in my system on rare occasions is FPS fluctuation.  I will depart on a long flight and an hour or so into the flight my frame rate will drop to 5 or 6 and immediately go back to my set FPS.  I have flown for  8 hours with this issue and completed my flight. On landing the sim does seem to be jerky and the FPS drop a little longer, but never a crash.  My cure now is to save my flight and restart my sim.  It only takes a minute and every thing is back to normal.  My point in this is we keep looking at the problem down the road, when the problem with the CTD may be related to a scenery/utility loaded at the start.  Although this is 64-bit, a memory leak could eventually drag the system down.  Has anyone who is experiencing this crash using the memory utility that was used in FSX to monitor memory?  I will keep flying these routes for a while and see if I get the CTD.  I see lots of folks flying these same routes on VATSIM and they appear to be getting through without any problems.  

Because of Virtuali the process of elimination for my sim removed GSX as a cause.

Next step to try from a post in the previous topic, FTX Global Vector Configuration Tool these airports I disabled

ZJT  (NDB)     Freq: 340.0  [Path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery\APT_CYJT.bgl]
ZMN  (NDB)     Freq: 366.0  [Path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery\APT_CYQM.bgl]
ZNF  (NDB)     Freq: 270.0  [Path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery\APT_CYYT.bgl]
ZQM  (NDB)     Freq: 304.0  [Path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery\APT_CYQM.bgl]
ZSM  (NDB)     Freq: 286.0  [Path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery\APT_CYAM.bgl]
ZST  (NDB)     Freq: 397.0  [Path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery\APT_CYSJ.bgl]
ZXJ  (NDB)     Freq: 246.0  [Path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery\APT_CYXJ.bgl]
ZXY  (NDB)     Freq: 353.0  [Path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery\APT_CYXY.bgl]
ZYB  (NDB)     Freq: 404.0  [Path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery\APT_CYYB.bgl]
ZYT  (NDB)     Freq: 246.0  [Path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery\APT_CYYT.bgl]
ZZD  (NDB)     Freq: 308.0  [Path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery\APT_CYEG.bgl]

Flying next weekend same route will test.

What happened with this is In the end, the old topic got deleted? 

14ppkc-6.png

3 hours ago, tooting said:

What happened with this is In the end, the old topic got deleted? 

Locked after people used the topic to blame gsx and Virtuali. Like this to stay open to help us fix the ctd.

How much system memory do these crashing machines have?

I have 32GB, and I have flown one of the exact routes that caused some users machines to crash -- yet I have had no crash.

I am looking at the possibility that the extra airport bgl data (such as what Boeing notes, above) is overwhelming the 16 GB / 8 GB machines (?)  -- or was this ruled out in the prior thread?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

13 hours ago, Mace said:

or was this ruled out in the prior thread?

Yup.... and even with 32GB it is unusual to see more than 11 GB of physical memory actually allocated.

Dan Downs KCRP