Sign in to follow this  
ozflyer

FO call reverse green etc

On landing I would like the FO to call either no reverse or reverse green.

how can that be implemented with MCE?.

It's the Pilot Flying's call usually. So if FO is "PF", then he has to "know" you're down and what the briefing is. I imagine there would need to be some code going on, like "if landed weight on wheels and brifing is use reverse and long landing, then call reverse green and select reversers" or "if landed weight on wheels and briefing is no reverse and landing good, then call no reverse".  

Without a bit of "if,then,else,and,or, code you would have to trigger the FO into doing the script. So you do a little Voxscript that does reversers with a sound call, you could say "reverse condition", or "no reverse condition".

I don't know if the former could be done, unless the MCE wizzards can do it. Perhaps with Bitchin Betty's help, like when she says "long landing" then have that execute the code??

Interesting question though?

G'day!😂

10 hours ago, ozflyer said:

On landing I would like the FO to call either no reverse or reverse green.

how can that be implemented with MCE?.

The callout "Reverse thrust" or "reverse green" (airbus) is standard whenever MCE sees those reversers deployed on landing.

But implementing "no-reverse" would mean knowing before hand that the PF will be using them (they aren't mandatory by the way). And at which point you decide to tell him he forgot to deploy them. At 100, 80 knots, at 70 knots (which is where he's expected to retract them :smile:).

Therefore, I think it's best to leave things as they are now.

Suggestions always welcome though.

24 minutes ago, FS++ said:

The callout "Reverse thrust" or "reverse green" (airbus) is standard whenever MCE sees those reversers deployed on landing.

But implementing "no-reverse" would mean knowing before hand that the PF will be using them (they aren't mandatory by the way). And at which point you decide to tell him he forgot to deploy them. At 100, 80 knots, at 70 knots (which is where he's expected to retract them :smile:).

Therefore, I think it's best to leave things as they are now.

Suggestions always welcome though.

Yes quite, since we are always the PF, the FO is only running our Voxscripts.

FO would have to run a program, on his own, if, then, else and or, that tells him to deploy reversers or not and shout out the call. Bit outside the MCE remit, but I was imagining that say, after Bitchin Betty (from the add on some use) says "long landing" then perhaps we could get FO to hit reverse thrust and call it? We would need to link MCE into Betty's call, perhaps?🤔

Just my imaginings...?

Cheers.