Sign in to follow this  
bhorv67

ASv4 Beta Build 6773 ASConnect Error / Network Setup

Is anyone else getting an ASConnect error in the latest beta build? The error says 'Radar communications connect between the AS Client and ASConnect server is invalid'.

Nothing in my sim setup/network has changed. Simconnect xmls are unchanged. IPs and router settings unchanged

Appreciate any help. Thanks

Brian Horvath

Asus Tuf z790-Plus i9 13900k Asus Strix RTX3080ti @ 4k/30hz Corsair h100i gSkill Trident Z DDR4 3200 32g (8g x4) Asus VG289 4k Display (#1) Viewsonic 1080p Display (#2) Samsung Evo 990 m.2 NVMe 1T (WIn),Samsung 980 m.2 NVMe 2Tb (p3d & Addons) 500g / 2 500g SSD Corsair TX750 Logitech Z5500 Lenovo W540 (ASv4 / Aivlasoft EFB v2), Win 1809 Pro

Please log onto the HiFi support portal (http://support.hifitechinc.com) and log a support ticket, be sure to copy the URL from this forum post and include it in the ticket request. 

Thank you,

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

Hi
Did you install also the second part of the update. First the update and after some seconds you've got a question about somconnect etc. This is also important.
Regards and succes
Jo va Bra

If it's a network set-up you need to run ASconnect_P3Dv4_install.exe on the server computer.

C

Edited by Psybear
Typo

5 hours ago, Psybear said:

If it's a network set-up you need to run ASconnect_P3Dv4_install.exe on the server computer.

C

Always do. The issue happened during one flight yesterday. I tried again today and didn't get the error message.

Brian Horvath

Asus Tuf z790-Plus i9 13900k Asus Strix RTX3080ti @ 4k/30hz Corsair h100i gSkill Trident Z DDR4 3200 32g (8g x4) Asus VG289 4k Display (#1) Viewsonic 1080p Display (#2) Samsung Evo 990 m.2 NVMe 1T (WIn),Samsung 980 m.2 NVMe 2Tb (p3d & Addons) 500g / 2 500g SSD Corsair TX750 Logitech Z5500 Lenovo W540 (ASv4 / Aivlasoft EFB v2), Win 1809 Pro

7 hours ago, Jovabra said:

Hi
Did you install also the second part of the update. First the update and after some seconds you've got a question about somconnect etc. This is also important.
Regards and succes
Jo va Bra

Yes, I always update ASConnect on the host PC. HiFi finally got back to me - seems this is an issue with Windows stemming from the latest update. 

Brian Horvath

12 hours ago, HUSSAR said:

Please log onto the HiFi support portal (http://support.hifitechinc.com) and log a support ticket, be sure to copy the URL from this forum post and include it in the ticket request. 

Thank you,

Robert

I did - I had no response, so I posted here. 

They finally got back to me and supposedly this is an issue caused by the latest Windows update. They've asked me to completely reinstall and see what happens. 

Brian Horvath

On 7/20/2018 at 7:42 PM, bhorv67 said:

I did - I had no response, so I posted here. 

They finally got back to me and supposedly this is an issue caused by the latest Windows update. They've asked me to completely reinstall and see what happens. 

Brian,  did a reinstall cure it?  Some flights I get the same error box pop up every 5 - 10 secs.  It's driving me f****** nuts!!

Ok, I did a full reinstall, booted everything up.....All looked good.  Departed Gatwick outbound for Palma.  Crossed France.  EFB and AS in harmony 🙂  Then, 225mls to arrival and up it pops.  GRRR..... I click Ok a number of times and it goes.  3 maybe 4secs later...back again.  I click until it goes again.  At this point i'm shouted for Dinner.  I return around 25mins later and as I click on Ok I begin counting.  134....134(!!) clicks later it goes, only to re-appear after a few secs......FFS this is ridiculous!!  I hard exit it and finish the flight normally.

Damian, Kostas,  I've been a loyal Patron of yours since Active Sky's inception many Sims ago.  But this.......this is pushing my patience to the extreme.  It's been present for the last couple of builds but i'm not sure exactly when.  If it's a Windows or Network error I hope it can be fixed.  I reported theis before but thought i had fixed it by making sure I loaded a Flight Plan every flight.  Nope.

This is how they were terminating. Log attached.

I hear Opus calling....................

http://www.dmcity.com/uploads/aslog.txt

Edited by Dean_EGTC
tried to attach..can't..uploaded instead

On 8/4/2018 at 8:28 AM, Dean_EGTC said:

Brian,  did a reinstall cure it?  Some flights I get the same error box pop up every 5 - 10 secs.  It's driving me f****** nuts!!

I think it did. I believe I also reinstalled simconnect.msi. After that, didn't have any issues.

Brian Horvath

On 8/4/2018 at 12:57 PM, Dean_EGTC said:

Ok, I did a full reinstall, booted everything up.....All looked good.  Departed Gatwick outbound for Palma.  Crossed France.  EFB and AS in harmony 🙂  Then, 225mls to arrival and up it pops.  GRRR..... I click Ok a number of times and it goes.  3 maybe 4secs later...back again.  I click until it goes again.  At this point i'm shouted for Dinner.  I return around 25mins later and as I click on Ok I begin counting.  134....134(!!) clicks later it goes, only to re-appear after a few secs......FFS this is ridiculous!!  I hard exit it and finish the flight normally.

Damian, Kostas,  I've been a loyal Patron of yours since Active Sky's inception many Sims ago.  But this.......this is pushing my patience to the extreme.  It's been present for the last couple of builds but i'm not sure exactly when.  If it's a Windows or Network error I hope it can be fixed.  I reported theis before but thought i had fixed it by making sure I loaded a Flight Plan every flight.  Nope.

This is how they were terminating. Log attached.

I hear Opus calling....................

http://www.dmcity.com/uploads/aslog.txt

Hello Dean, 

Sorry to be reading about the issue you are experiencing, we would be glad to help you by looking at your logs.  

Thank you,

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

Same here. It is so frustrating. A new message every 4 seconds that has to be clicked on. A complete reinstall did nothing.

Edited by steve6158

Damn, damn and damn.  After having one eventful flight I thought Hi Fi's suggestion of changing simconnect Port had worked.  Nope.  EGKK - LDSP, somewhere over France, up pops the window on the Client running AS.  Numerous clicks eventually clear it, but...2 secs later..  AS appears to work normally behind the error window but of course you can't click on anything.  If you ignore it for a long period, any attempt to use AS results in a lock-up which can only be cured by exiting via Task Manager.  Of course I could fix this by installing AS on the Server but that would rather defeat the purpose.  I'm pretty sure it's a network setting that needs adjusting somewhere as I lose connection to EFBv2 periodically on the Client but....the EFB Client is smart enough to re-establish connection within a second or two.

Please, another suggestion or Port to try.  Can I also suggest less haste in closing a Ticket; particularly when I said I would report back when I had chance to try your suggestion.

Please respond back to the ticket Dean and we will investigate.

Thank you.

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/