Sign in to follow this  
DrumsArt

Issue with FsLabs Panel.cfg and VoxAtc

The installation of the VoxAtc panel in the A319/320 FSL's causes a CTD. There are 42 "Window" in the panel.cfg. Can the problem be related to this number?

Thank you and Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

It may be a conflict between one of the A32x gauges and VOXATC. Or it could also be the order of the entries in panel.cfg. Post a link to your panel.cfg or attach it as zip.

My guess is that the VOXATC panel utility probably didn't rewrite the panel.cfg file correctly.  Rather than trying to understand why this happened, you might want to reinstall the aircraft. This will set panel.cfg back to default. Then add the VOXATC entries manually with Notepad, copying them from another aircraft's panel.cfg file. Try putting them as the last two entries with the proper sequence numbers (41 and 42?).

My PMDG aircraft have 21 entries in panel.cfg and VOXATC's gauges are 20 and 21. In the Aerosoft CRJ they are 17 and 18. In the VRS FA-18 Superbug, they are 39 and 40. Nothing else that I own is even close.

Edited by jabloomf1230

I actually read it wrong. There are in total 24 "Window", see below :

VoxAtc (before I deleted the Vox entries) had placed the entries at Window42 and Window43. Maybe it is wise to set them manually to free inputs (Example 9 and 10 or 22 and 23 and so...). What do you think about that?

[Window Titles]
Window00=Config Panel
Window01=Captain Main Panel
Window02=Fwd Overhead Panel
Window03=Pedestal Panel
Window04=Switching Panel
Window05=Captain MCDU
Window06=F/O MCDU
Window07=Aft Overhead Panel
Window08=F/O Main Panel

Window20=Captain IFR Panel
Window21=FO IFR Panel

Window26=Popup PFD - CPT
Window27=Popup ND - CPT
Window28=Popup E/WD
Window29=Popup SD
Window30=Popup ND - F/O
Window31=Popup PFD - F/O

//Window32=Popup ISIS

Window33=Popup Gear-Clock
Window34=Popup Center
Window35=Popup ECAMs - CPT
Window36=Popup ECAMs - FO

Window39=Mini Controls Panel

Window40=Computers Panel
Window41=Sensor Panel

Thank you and Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Normally having missing entries in a sequence in either aircraft.cfg or panel.cfg causes no problems, but it's considered bad programming "etiquette" as it might mess up another developer's attempt to read and rewrite the cfg file. Unfortunately I don't own the FSL A319/320 so I can't help you with this, except to suggest that you save a backup of the original panel.cfg and try editing the file in various ways to see whether you can avoid the CTD. What was the CTD error message from Windows? It may just be a bug in the FSL A319/320 that has nothing to do with VOXATC. I tend to doubt that, though.

Edited by jabloomf1230

4 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Normally having missing entries in a sequence in either aircraft.cfg or panel.cfg causes no problems, but it's considered bad programming "etiquette" as it might mess up another developer's attempt to read and rewrite the cfg file. Unfortunately I don't own the FSL A319/320 so I can't help you with this, except to suggest that you save a backup of the original panel.cfg and try editing the file in various ways to see whether you can avoid the CTD. What was the CTD error message from Windows? It may just be a bug in the FSL A319/320 that has nothing to do with VOXATC. I tend to doubt that, though.

Like often the CTD error message was :

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.3.29.25520, time stamp: 0x5b2c3263
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.24150, time stamp: 0x5b0cbc1e
Exception code: 0xc000000d
Fault offset: 0x000000000008b2cd
Faulting process id: 0x152c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d41fb0963dde6a
Faulting application path: E:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: e29a468b-8ba4-11e8-ac97-240a640748f4

It says all but nothing!?:laugh: (for me...)

As soon as I have time, I'll do some manual tests. Thanks for the advice Jay.

Regards,

Richard Portier

That code is "An invalid parameter was passed to a service or function." and since it's from a Windows system library ntdll.dll, it means nothing to me either.:sad:

You should probably try creating a thread on the FSL official forums and see if they can reproduce the issue:

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php

14 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

That code is "An invalid parameter was passed to a service or function." and since it's from a Windows system library ntdll.dll, it means nothing to me either.:sad:

You should probably try creating a thread on the FSL official forums and see if they can reproduce the issue:

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php

I did it, especially since I'm not the one who found the way (uninstall VoxAtc panel). I had not made the connection with the panel installation, each time I reinstalled the A320/319 and of course it loaded normally, then only later I installed again the VoxAtc panel and...on the road again (Ctd).

Why I didn't make the connection, I don't know.:blink:

At this time there is no answer from the developers.

Regards,

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

Solved! Panels must be installed manually.

Of course make a copy of your Panel.cfg before the change!

In the.cfg panel of the A320 and A319 copy just after  the "Window41" (this "Window41 should not be copied, copy only what is bold just after the "Window41" in the panel .cfg).

"Window41=Sensor Panel"

Window43=VoxATC////VoxATC
Window44=VoxATC Recent Comms////VoxATC

then after search for :

"[Window41]
background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=4,4
position=0
visible=1
nomenu=1
ident=8099
zorder=99
gauge00=..\..\FSLabs A32X\FSL_A32XX!Sensor,                                    0, 0, 4, 4, T1.0"

and copy :

[Window43]////VoxATC
visible=1////VoxATC
size_mm=400,200////VoxATC
window_size=0.3,0.3////VoxATC
window_pos=0.05,0.05////VoxATC
background_color=0,0,0////VoxATC
ident=14077////VoxATC
zorder=5////VoxATC
alpha_blend=0.65////VoxATC
gauge00=VAGauge!VoxATCPrompt,0,0////VoxATC

[Window44]////VoxATC
visible=0////VoxATC
size_mm=400,600////VoxATC
window_size=0.3,0.7////VoxATC
window_pos=0.65,0.05////VoxATC
background_color=255,255,255////VoxATC
ident=14078////VoxATC
zorder=5////VoxATC
gauge00=VAInfo!VoxATCInfo,0,0,400,600////VoxATC

Done!

Regards,

Richard Portier

Weird, but there must have been something in the default panel.cfg that was causing the VOXATC utility to rewrite it incorrectly. I am betting that not having the [WindowNN] statements numbered sequentially was the cause. 

Edited by jabloomf1230

On 7/26/2018 at 3:24 PM, jabloomf1230 said:

Weird, but there must have been something in the default panel.cfg that was causing the VOXATC utility to rewrite it incorrectly. I am betting that not having the [WindowNN] statements numbered sequentially was the cause. 

Yes, you're probably right....and maybe also a fact I noticed: the changes made by Vox in the FsLabs panel.cfg have been doubled...

Btw, this is also the case with for example the Realair Legacy v2, but it does not seem to have been affected. It is true that his panel.cfg is simpler...and more "classic".

Regards

Richard Portier

Having two identical entries for a gauge in panel.cfg can't be a good thing. Maybe the Legacy flew alright but was about to suffer a calamity like metal fatigue of the wings or a massive hydraulic system failure.😉

Yes, the Lancair Ptu broke :laugh:

Regards,

Richard Portier

The problem occurs because FSL has a panel folder for each livery and they all point to one panel cfg. If you don’t want to do it manually, her is how:

when you run the panel configrator, you will see more than one a320 cfm and more than one a320 iae depending on the liveries you have installed, so just pick the first cfm and the first iae and you will be fine.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

Hi !

I never try to install manually voxatc. Automatic install has always failed with a CTD.

I tried with the last update v 202 347 (64 bits) and installed manualy at windows 53 and 54 because sensor panel was 51...

But I get too a CTD.

An idea ?

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

finally, automatic install as mentionned previously succed...

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars