Sign in to follow this  
Kevinch01

P3D v4.3 Dynamic lighting problem

I am currently flying the default a320 (or the project airbus freeware a320) due to some problems with my payware versions. But sadly there is a big problem with the landing lights when dynamic light function is turned on... I want to use the dynamic light function because it looks sweet and makes the landing lights more smooth on the ground, but it affects the VC in a weird and strange way! as soon as I turn on landing lights or taxi lights the VC gets lit up and makes it really unrealistic, it is almost like the landing lights and taxi lights are inside the cockpit. I have tried to find a solution but it just seems like I can't, or find someone else with the same issue. Maybe this is the right place to ask what might be causing it?

I hope that some of you guys will help me out here with my little but then again strange and annoying problem /:

Thank you! :D

Kevin. 

It's not so much a Dynamic Lighting problem, more a compatibility issue between Project Airbus and P3Dv4. What is the payware you are having a problem with? If it is FS Labs there is a sub-forum on AVSIM for you to post your problem on. If it is Aerosoft, well the A320 is still awaited, but the A318/A319 has been released which you could consider paying the upgrade fee for.

Ian S

38.jpg

8 hours ago, Kevinch01 said:

I am currently flying the default a320 (or the project airbus freeware a320) due to some problems with my payware versions. But sadly there is a big problem with the landing lights when dynamic light function is turned on... I want to use the dynamic light function because it looks sweet and makes the landing lights more smooth on the ground, but it affects the VC in a weird and strange way! as soon as I turn on landing lights or taxi lights the VC gets lit up and makes it really unrealistic, it is almost like the landing lights and taxi lights are inside the cockpit. I have tried to find a solution but it just seems like I can't, or find someone else with the same issue. Maybe this is the right place to ask what might be causing it?

I hope that some of you guys will help me out here with my little but then again strange and annoying problem /:

Thank you! 😄

Kevin. 

What default A320 is this? I don't recall P3D coming with a default flyable A320.

In any case take an external picture of the Airplane at night with the Landing Lights on, maybe they are located in the wrong position.. or you are using a model that is not compiled for P3D causing these kind of problems as it will not have the correct 3D model material handling.

Kind Regards,
Simbol

A tiny amount of research reveals that project Airbus is freeware, does not include a VC and that there is no support for it in P3D v4.

Project Airbus A320 in KLM Livery. Includes merged default FSX A321 Virtual Cockpit VC-2Dpanel. Credits to the Project Airbus for the spectacular aircraft.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kevinch01 said:

... it is almost like the landing lights and taxi lights are inside the cockpit.

Faulty (incompatible) 3D-Model of the plane then: the 3D body doesn't cast a shadow and so the dynamic landing light is not blocked by it.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

I believe the reason for this issue is something with the 3D-model and the compatibility with p3d v4. It is just a freeware so there is not much to expect...

Guess I'll just turn the dynamic lighting function off then, it's not really a big problem.

The freeware a320 model that I am using is from Rikoooo, it works fine and the aircraft themselves look fine to me considering its a freeware, even though the VC is a bit strange but it works ;D

LINK TO MODEL: https://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/viewdownload/6/674

The reason why I am not currently using my payware a320 (the aerosoft version) is that I only have the Aerosoft Airbus Bundle for FSX, sadly I don't have the money to upgrade to the "Professional version" or buy the FS Labs at this point... Hopefully, I'll fix that soon ;D

Thanks for the help and support anyways guys, nice that so many of you respond so quickly with good answers or ideas to what is causing the issue🙂

Good day to yall! - Kevin