Sign in to follow this  
cdlcook

New Computer

I currently have the PMDG 737NGX basic and the expansion loaded on my current desktop. I am getting a new desktop computer. Can I load my PMDG 737NGX on my new desktop? If so, do I need to uninstall from my old desktop prior to loading on the new desktop? The basic 800/900 I have on disk.

Thanks for the help.

3 hours ago, cdlcook said:

I currently have the PMDG 737NGX basic and the expansion loaded on my current desktop. I am getting a new desktop computer. Can I load my PMDG 737NGX on my new desktop? If so, do I need to uninstall from my old desktop prior to loading on the new desktop? The basic 800/900 I have on disk.

Thanks for the help.

Welcome to the forums, please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

You can have the NGX installed up to two computers owned by you, as long as you are not running both of them at the same time

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Olympic260,

Thanks for your response. I did go to my AVSim user account and set up a signature block.

You said that I can have the NGX installed on two computers owned by me as long as I don't run them at the same time. Are you talking about the 2 computers running at the same time or running the NGX on both at the same time? Both computers may be running at the same time, but the NGX will only be running on the new computer.

I now have my new computer up and running. Do just run the installer I have for the PMDG 737NGX 8900 base pack first and then run the 6700 extension pack installer? I have both product keys.

I also read that I might have to unregister on the old computer before installing on the new computer.

How do I need to proceed?

Thanks for the help.

David Cook

Hi David,

Did you catch this in the included read me file?

"One user may use the Software on the Customer's computer where the software was installed; you may use the Software on a second computer so long as only one copy is used at a time and only after having secured a second license permission from PMDG.  You may use the Software on a network ONLY IF each individual accessing the Software through the network has a copy licensed to that individual and installed on the machine from which they are accessing the network; and you may copy the Software for archival purposes, provided the copy contains all of the original Software's proprietary notices."

Hope this helps a little. I will say as I have migrated to my new machine I uninstalled on the old system first as I only need to run PMDG on my main rig and I also didn't want there to be any possible reason for my license to become locked out over the weekend which would dig into my flying time 🙂

Rob Pomon

Intel I7- 7820X, Dual GTX 1080Ti, EVGA x299 Dark, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance, EVGA DG-87 Case, EVGA CLC 280, 1TB Samsung 970 Pro PCIe NVMe, EVGA Super Nova1600 T2+ titanium, P3D v4.3, PMDG 737NGX, Win 10 x64

I should have included the procedure I used - please see below

If you need to reinstall your operating system, are upgrading your hardware, or are installing on a completely new computer system, please deactivate your license manually first through the FMC on the MENU > PMDG SETUP > LICENSE page. This will eliminate the need for you to submit a support ticket for license reactivation after you reinstall.

Rob Pomon

Intel I7- 7820X, Dual GTX 1080Ti, EVGA x299 Dark, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance, EVGA DG-87 Case, EVGA CLC 280, 1TB Samsung 970 Pro PCIe NVMe, EVGA Super Nova1600 T2+ titanium, P3D v4.3, PMDG 737NGX, Win 10 x64

RobsterSF, thanks for your response. I did see that notation in the EULA. How does one secure a second license permission from PMDG?

Good question. I found this (see below) so here is my take. I believe PMDG can be "Activated" on one machine at a time. Next see bullet point #2 below. Seems you just contact support, tell them you have one license and two computers. You want to "Activate" a license on both machines however you will only have a copy running on one computer or the other at one time however not both running at same time. I assume they will then say ok, then add something to their licensing server so that you can activate on both machines and you should be good to go. If you do contact them please do share your findings on this thread. I might just do the same so we have a definitive answer for us all 🙂

PMDG License Activation Policy:

• Customers rights are enforced through the use of licensing that must be activated via internet in order for the product to operate.
  • Customers who run out of license rights simply need to contact our support team in order to be provided with additional rights on an as-needed basis.
  • PMDG retains the right to revoke or restrict license rights if a customers is found to be abusing license rights or violating the End User License Agreement.

Rob Pomon

3 hours ago, cdlcook said:

RobsterSF, thanks for your response. I did see that notation in the EULA. How does one secure a second license permission from PMDG?

You can have computer A with sim and PMDG installed

You can have computer B with sime and PMDG installed

You can run computer A and B but the PMDG software can run ONLY on one of the computers.

• Upvote 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com