Sign in to follow this  
Cory Collier

AI Traffic Livery replacement

It'd be nice to be able to change the liveries on the default AI Traffic so they're that of various real life airlines.

There any way to do this without majorly jacking up FSX?  I'm running FSX Gold Edition.

Um, yeah. It's pretty easy.

1a. Go to the Library and do a search - 
            ex., Searching for: 'default 737' 
                     in Flight Simulator X - Aircraft Repaints, Textures and Modifications and below.
1b. First Search result returned 
       File Description: 2014 World Cup b737-800 texture
        Text reads: Repaint of the default Boeing 737-800
2. Download the file
3. Read the ReadMe.txt file normally included.
4. Follow the instructions.
5. Load FSX, select he new livery and go fly.

If you run into problems, try thi slink for YouTube videos on how to do Step 4 above.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fsx+installing+new+liveries

AI is a different tale ...... best visit http://www.alpha-india.net/ for the many options  / tutorials etc. and / or World of AI for freeware solutions.

There are a few payware options too ......Just Flight / Ultimate Traffic / My Traffic.

Edited by vadriver
  • Like 1

for now, cheers

john martin

I have the liveries I want (well for the most part) for the ones I fly. I just wanna change the liveries of the AI Traffic. 

It'd be nice to pull into say....Phoenix, and see a 747 wearing a BA livery,  instead of the usual one

4 minutes ago, vadriver said:

AI is a different tale ...... best visit http://www.alpha-india.net/ for the many options  / tutorials etc. for freeware solutions.

There are a few payware options too ......Just Flight / Ultimate Traffic / My Traffic.

Ah, I misread the original post - AI not original aircraft... Sorry.

Personally, I use WOAI for my "big-iron" AI needs... Took a while to download and install all of the packages I was interested in, but the downloads include  the aircraft models, relevant liveries and typical AI scheduled fllightplans. Installation couldn't be simpler.

Of course, you have to arrive when the AI you're interested in is scheduled to be "there"...

• Like 1

On 7/20/2018 at 9:15 AM, ford_friendly said:

Of course, you have to arrive when the AI you're interested in is scheduled to be "there"...

Long as it's not one of the default liveries I don't care which airline it is lol

FSX uses default aircraft as AI. When you change a default 737 to American, you will also see American as AI at airports. Sure, you can use a third party add on to change AI, or you can do it yourself and learn a lot about how FSX works. I have done it on a number of installations. There are a lot of steps but it's not really difficult, and kind of fun if you're in to that kind of thing.

• Upvote 1

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

5 hours ago, bobbyjack said:

FSX uses default aircraft as AI. When you change a default 737 to American, you will also see American as AI at airports. Sure, you can use a third party add on to change AI, or you can do it yourself and learn a lot about how FSX works. I have done it on a number of installations. There are a lot of steps but it's not really difficult, and kind of fun if you're in to that kind of thing.

so just swap out the liveries like I would a plane I'm flying. got it ^_^ THAT I've done uh yeah I kinda lost track how many times lol

And, as you know, if done correctly, ATC will call the proper name of the airline.

Then there's a way to get airlines of a feather to park together. Then make your own airports. But those are jobs for another day.

• Like 1

Bob

Don't need it. Most airline names are already in FSX. Just make sure the proper name is in the aircraft cfg file.

Some repaints come with good instructions, some don't

Bob

38 minutes ago, bobbyjack said:

Some repaints come with good instructions, some don't

since when do we guys need instructions? 😉 lmao