Sign in to follow this  
AnkH

Autogen... again

Autogen loading late and in patches  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Do you observe late autogen loading in patches while flying?

• yes, in any case
    • yes, but only with fast airplanes
    • yes, but only with specific settings (plz. indicate)
    • no, never observed this
    • no, not anymore (plz. indicate possible fix)

And how many times do we (the ones suffering from this) have to explain again that this occurs with limited FPS? I see it, no matter if I use 28 (for TE Netherlands), 30 or 36 (my normal Setup) as a limit... You should not confuse it with blurries...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Hi AnkH,

Are you using a setting for FFTF? or just default? 

If you have it set to 0.01 like is recommended, frankly all over the place, that could be the root of the problem.

Edited by djbully

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

3 hours ago, djbully said:

Yes that is correct. My monitors only do 60hz with free sync range of 35-60 fps. So it’s stiil nice and smooth at 30fps without free sync and no visible tearing .

OK many thanks, its that with VSync on or off?? 

Reason I ask is I use 4k at 30 hertz and the mouse lag is awful 

14ppkc-6.png

Hi Tooting, that’s with vsync off and triple buffer is naturally off also. 

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

16 minutes ago, djbully said:

Hi Tooting, that’s with vsync off and triple buffer is naturally off also. 

Thank you very much 

14ppkc-6.png

3 hours ago, djbully said:

If you have it set to 0.01 like is recommended, frankly all over the place, that could be the root of the problem.

I have it currently set to 0.15, the value 0.01 is another of those myths going around the forums over and over again. But you mention a valid point, the next flight I will try with no FFTF to see if things improve.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

6 hours ago, AnkH said:

And how many times do we (the ones suffering from this) have to explain again that this occurs with limited FPS? I see it, no matter if I use 28 (for TE Netherlands), 30 or 36 (my normal Setup) as a limit... You should not confuse it with blurries...

Happens to me when I set fps to limited (say 24 fps), too. Not worse not better, just the same as with my usual 30 Hz monitor frequency plus fps unlimited, VSync on and TB on in-game.

I tried numerous settings and combinations, but when I take off from KSFO and fly into KSJC, autogen loads in patches. This isn't in a supersonic jet but just in a wee little C172 flying at 3000 ft.

I found one and only one setting to get rid of patchy loading, and this is autogen draw distance at medium, at most. In this case autogen fades in continually as it should, but unfortunately at around the autogen radius we had during the 3.x versions. I tried numerous other settings like LOD, tessellation, texture resolution, which don't change the result, thus I don't think it's just "poor performance" of my machine.

And in my case, I observed this in 4.0 already and reported it to the LM forum with accompanying videos a year ago.

This can clearly only be observed at relatively low elevation over extended plains filled of autogen like the Silicon Valley, the LA basin etc. It's much less obvious or even missing in narrow valleys, areas void of extended cities etc. 

And yes, I own and use FFTF Dynamic which doesn't help with this specific issue in any way, at least not on my system.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Ok, now I did a flight with the AS CRJ from LSZH to EDDF (good test scenario for me as both Airports are heavy but the flight distance is short) using FFTF=0.33 (Default) and reasonable settings (autogen draw distance on "medium") and the late and patchy loading was reduced considerably. Anything above "medium" reintroduces the patchy and late loading again. So yes, it is somehow also related to FFTF, but above "medium", it seems bugged.

And of course, the FPS with FFTF on default were hardly acceptable during approach of EDDF (something around 16FPS...).

Greetings, Chris

On 7/21/2018 at 12:55 AM, pmb said:

And yes, I own and use FFTF Dynamic which doesn't help with this specific issue in any way, at least not on my system.

Kind regards, Michael

We have a similar hardware, Michael, so did you find any definitive benefit of FFTF Dynamic vs. just using FPS Unlimited, Vsync On and monitor's refresh @20, @25, @30?

AG is only loading in patches with high AG radius settings..

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 hour ago, Dirk98 said:

We have a similar hardware, Michael, so did you find any definitive benefit of FFTF Dynamic vs. just using FPS Unlimited, Vsync On and monitor's refresh @20, @25, @30?

I see a marginal benefit. I use the AGL Scenario, AGL between 0 and 2000 and FFTP between 0.01 and 0.33 at present (tried higher values, too). This is with a 30 Hz monitor setting, in-game fps unlimited, VSync and TB on.

FFTF Dynamic works in the sense of adapting the FFTF value indeed (according to what it displays), but the visual gain is limited. On busy airports on ground or low above, setting fps to unlimited defaults to 0.01 anyway, and at higher elevations where it sets FFTF to 0.33 to eliminate blurries. However, given I rarely experience blurries it's not of much use for me.

There is one exception to this: I tend to get blurries indeed flying over France VFR, but in this case FFTF Dynamic doesn't help either. It's not just photoscenery as ORBX TrueLandscape NL is essentially blurry-free, and that's photoscenery, too. It's just France VFR. However, I initiated a separate thread on this, thus we better keep it out of the game here.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

37 minutes ago, GSalden said:

AG is only loading in patches with high AG radius settings..

Yes, if you are nitpicking about the precise wording, you are right. However, also with the autogen drawing on "medium" and with a bad combination of other settings, you can still provoke that there is no autogen in front of you and loaded very late. Yes, it is not loaded in patches then, but still visible.

Otherwise, run once the test I do:

1. load a heavy scenario, in my case LSZH from Aerosoft, check the autogen drawing distance with the default Robinson by simply slewing to 3000ft just after the scenario is loaded.

2. open the menue, select "create new Scenario" and now you load again EXACTLY the same scenario. Your P3D will nevertheless load everything again. Now test as above and see how much the autogen drawing distance is reduced.

Repeat. In my case, when using high Settings, after the third loading of the same scenario, all autogen around LSZH is completely missing and it takes some seconds until it is loaded. To me, this clearly indicates that there must be a kind of an autogen pool which is not properly cleaned when autogen is not visible anymore (or when a new scenario is loaded) and sooner or later, this pool is full and autogen loading late and in patches occurs. Something similar you can observe when flying around: as soon as you realize that the autogen in front of you is not loaded in time anymore, do a 180° turn and you will see that behind your plane, the autogen draw distance is still as it should.

Greetings, Chris

Ok, they locked the corresponding thread over at LM forums...

Greetings, Chris

Is that because it was getting "heated", or because they don't like people talking about it?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Maybe AnkH forgot to include Rob's last post:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the additional information. As I mentioned previously we are working to further improve performance with large amounts of autogen. I'm going to lock this topic for now and will update everyone when we have more info.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png