Sign in to follow this  
zanehuston777

PMDG Moving while parked

I think you can see what is going on here, but just in case, Parking Brakes are set payload and fuel are loaded and that is it. The aircraft is cold and dark and moving without any input. I am using EZCA2, however all effects that affect the aircraft are off to my knowledge, so I don't know what's going on...

Edited by zanehuston777

31 minutes ago, zanehuston777 said:

I think you can see what is going on here, but just in case, Parking Brakes are set payload and fuel are loaded and that is it. The aircraft is cold and dark and moving without any input. I am using EZCA2, however all effects that affect the aircraft are off to my knowledge, so I don't know what's going on...

How do you load the plane in the sim? This usually happen only if the plane is loaded on top of another payware addon or if you have loaded on top of another PMDG plane.

If the above is not the case. Try removing EZCA completely and recheck

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

2 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

How do you load the plane in the sim? This usually happen only if the plane is loaded on top of another payware addon or if you have loaded on top of another PMDG plane.

If the above is not the case. Try removing EZCA completely and recheck

I will uninstall EZCA next, but first I did some testing and noticed that this only occurred during the nighttime, at any airport, only in PMDG aircraft. I have Active Sky for P3dv4 too, if that changes anything. I also noticed that this can also happen with the 747 but I did not test the 777. Thanks!

1 hour ago, zanehuston777 said:

I will uninstall EZCA next, but first I did some testing and noticed that this only occurred during the nighttime, at any airport, only in PMDG aircraft. I have Active Sky for P3dv4 too, if that changes anything. I also noticed that this can also happen with the 747 but I did not test the 777. Thanks!

You have not still advised how you load the NGX.

Chris Makris

The camera shaking around indicates to me that you're using some sort of program that messes with the sim. EZCA's camera shake feature will do this, but they do this not by modifying the camera view point (as it should be properly done), they do this by injecting physical forces into the sim, as if the aircraft is being hit by very, very, very strong wind. The end result of that physical 'hit' the sim shakes the camera. This injection of physical forces will cause odd behaviors, obviously.

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

9 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

You have not still advised how you load the NGX.

Oh sorry I load it through the fmc, but then I tried it again and didn't load it, and the same thing happened.

34 minutes ago, zanehuston777 said:

Oh sorry I load it through the fmc, but then I tried it again and didn't load it, and the same thing happened.

Through the FMC you load the panel state. I am interested on how you load the plane in the sim. Do you have it as a start up situation? You are loading something else? You are using the default F22?

A

Chris Makris

5 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

Through the FMC you load the panel state. I am interested on how you load the plane in the sim. Do you have it as a start up situation? You are loading something else? You are using the default F22?

A

Oh, sorry I just choose the aircraft from the menus and location and time, and I have a panel state as default.

Again, with the cam shaking around like that, there's something doing that, and it's likely also affecting the aircraft.

Kyle Rodgers

3 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Again, with the cam shaking around like that, there's something doing that, and it's likely also affecting the aircraft.

I do not believe it is EZCA or ActiveSky, I beleive it is a PMDG only issue. I loaded up the Majestic Q400 and everything was normal in the same scenario.

Thanks for the Help!

Fixed! After doing more testing, I learned that it was Don Grovenstine's AFLT, no idea why, might ask him about it later, but thanks for the help!

Some random add-on program doing something weird to the sim and PMDG taking the blame, yet again.

This, gents, is why I get so abrasive when people blindly point fingers.

Kyle Rodgers

4 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Some random add-on program doing something weird to the sim and PMDG taking the blame, yet again.

This, gents, is why I get so abrasive when people blindly point fingers.

Dear Kyle,

I'm sorry to say but IMHO your answer is a bit under the belt and shows a lack of professionalism.

This guy newer pointed any fingers but came here to try to find some answers. He newer said "your acft is to blame" but showed an issue where more programs could be the culprit (EZCA, GSX, some scenery or even P3D).

How could he know that AFLT (which adds some lights to the airfield) could make he's ACFT jump like that? In the end he also came back to the forum to report he's findings.

I am used to something better by the PMDG stuff.

Please excuse my intervention.

BR,

Gerald

• Upvote 2

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

8 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

This guy newer pointed any fingers but came here to try to find some answers. He newer said "your acft is to blame" but showed an issue where more programs could be the culprit (EZCA, GSX, some scenery or even P3D).

Gerald - it's usually best not to jump into the middle of an interaction, particularly when it isn't warranted, but since you decided to jump in the middle, then please explain your point against the following statement that you claim never occurred:

13 hours ago, zanehuston777 said:

I beleive it is a PMDG only issue.

----------

9 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

How could he know that AFLT (which adds some lights to the airfield) could make he's ACFT jump like that? In the end he also came back to the forum to report he's findings.

He might not have, but that doesn't excuse blindly pointing fingers. It's not responsible to do so, particularly when there is no evidence to support that our aircraft routinely does this. If there were sporadic reports, then that would be enough to go on, but there aren't any. Camera add-ons can do some weird things (there is actual evidence of this), which means my claim is supported by actual facts. His was not. Blindly pointing fingers despite this lack of evidence is irresponsible, and simmers constantly do it:

FSUIPC being misconfigured can mess up all kinds of planes, ours included - PMDG's fault.
EZDOK injects physics into the sim (it's a camera add-on, so people don't expect it to be messing with physics) causing weird behaviors with complex aircraft - PMDG's fault.
AFLT apparently causes weird stuff if it's not patched to the latest version - PMDG's fault.

Is that fair? No. Is it responsible? No, not really. Does it point to people needing to do a little research and fact finding before blindly pointing fingers? Absolutely.

If someone did something wrong and I wasn't sure who did it for sure, but despite a lack of evidence and information said "you know, I think Gerald did it." Is that fair? Is it responsible? Would it be below the belt for you to point out that my blindly pointing the finger at you wasn't responsible? I think not. I don't think anyone would give you any trouble for that - or they shouldn't.

There's nothing below the belt at all about what I said.

Kyle Rodgers

24 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Gerald - it's usually best not to jump into the middle of an interaction, particularly when it isn't warranted, but since you decided to jump in the middle, then please explain your point against the following statement that you claim never occurred:

14 hours ago, zanehuston777 said:

I beleive it is a PMDG only issue.

Dear Kyle,

if you read all hes replies you would see that this user newer intended to "point fingers". He's last statement was: "I believe it is a PMDG only issue."! He does not say that it IS! It might have been a combination of 100 facts interracting in the sim.

28 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

He might not have, but that doesn't excuse blindly pointing fingers. It's not responsible to do so, particularly when there is no evidence to support that our aircraft routinely does this. If there were sporadic reports, then that would be enough to go on, but there aren't any.

How would any user know how sporadic a certain issue has been reported? By searching thousands of pages since the release of the 737? You could have answered: "Wow..that's a first! We never had such a report and we susspect some other AddOn".

Kyle, you, I and a vast majority of users do point fingers.

On 7/20/2018 at 2:51 PM, scandinavian13 said:

The camera shaking around indicates to me that you're using some sort of program that messes with the sim. EZCA's camera shake feature will do this, but they do this not by modifying the camera view point (as it should be properly done), they do this by injecting physical forces into the sim

I know the simmers community can be harsh somethimes (I read it all the time regarding release dates....) but I expect more from you, you as a PMDG staff and customer interface.

We all have our bad days. I as a user am excused, you as a proffessional PMDG staff member are not 😉!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech