Sign in to follow this  
gaab

Viscount - Legends of Flight

JustFlight "propose" this aircraft at half price in July (less than 10 €). I am tempted...

It is an FSX model (like the JF DC-6b - Legends of Flight, which works nicely under P3D V4).

Did someone tested it under P3D V4 ? Are there some 32bits gauge which will not work under P3D V4 (except the usual sound gauge quite easy to substitue..)

Thanks for your feedback 😉

Gérard

Edited by gaab

I will be honest. I have bought many bargain planes including many Just Flight planes including the Viscount. Nothing wrong with the planes but they are showing their age.

It will work in Prepar3d v4 but you may see anomalies with textures and some systems. 

I now days stick with Prepar3d V4 native planes only. 

Edited by Taver

Tim Curtis

MSFS2020, i7-9900k 5.0Ghz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia 3080, 48" LG OLED CX

Hello Gérard,

I have that one from way back. I just downloaded it from my JF account and installed it into an empty folder, there are no gauge DLLs. Then I moved it to my legacy aircraft folder and started P3D V4.3. Plane seems to work fine, the sound is as unnerving as it always was. The only DLL that it calls is the BoeingGeneric, but that should be in your P3D gauges folder. Rest of the instruments are pure XML, so no problems there. Content error log indicates trouble with two cockpit textures, but the files seem to really be missing. I don't see anything out of place in the VC though.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

Hi Oliver,

Thanks to have checked for me and for your detailed report.

1 hour ago, Lorby_SI said:

the sound is as unnerving as it always was

🙂

1 hour ago, Taver said:

I will be honest. I have bought many bargain planes including many Just Flight planes including the Viscount. Nothing wrong with the planes but they are showing their age.

You are probably right ! And I have already to much of these planes (some supplied with P3D...)
I must admit that the JF DC-6B recently acquiered is taking dust in my hangar !

I should probably refrain and save for more advanced models ! I am considering the A2A Constellation or the PDMG DC-6B, but afraid they could be way to complex for me 😞

Thank you all for your input - I will probably pass for this one..

Gérard

3 minutes ago, gaab said:

Hi Oliver,

Thanks to have checked for me and for your detailed report.

🙂

You are probably right ! And I have already to much of these planes (some supplied with P3D...)
I must admit that the JF DC-6B recently acquiered is taking dust in my hangar !

I should probably refrain and save for more advanced models ! I am considering the A2A Constellation or the PDMG DC-6B, but afraid they could be way to complex for me 😞

Thank you all for your input - I will probably pass for this one..

Gérard

The A2A Constellation and PDMG DC-6B are my two favorite planes. Trust me with the automated FE it will not be too complex for you. Both are outstanding planes. 

I am currently trying to decide if I want to purchase the PMDG 777 or 747 or the QW787. I have never liked having to program FMS and prefer my Garmin 750. Decisions decisions. 

Tim Curtis

MSFS2020, i7-9900k 5.0Ghz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia 3080, 48" LG OLED CX

Hi Taver,

Thanks for your encouragements - I will think more about these two planes...

Gérard