Sign in to follow this  
Randy Manning

Installation Issue

Hello

I had to reinstall FSX to my computor, and i was installing the PMDG 737 NGX and this is what is coming up , and I had to do this before , and never had a problem reinstalling the plane.

Below is what error coming up, can someone help me on this? Thanks.

Feature transfer error

Feature: FSX version-Original Microsoft Distribution

Component : Save Flights MyDocs

Files: C:|users|rlman|Documents|Flights SimulatorX-Steam

Error: The system cannot find the file specified.

I did reinstall the steam addition after installing FSX.

Thanks

Randy Manning

17 minutes ago, Randy Manning said:

Feature transfer error

Feature: FSX version-Original Microsoft Distribution

Component : Save Flights MyDocs

Files: C:|users|rlman|Documents|Flights SimulatorX-Steam

Error: The system cannot find the file specified.

I did reinstall the steam addition after installing FSX.

Sounds like you're trying to install the NGX without fully uninstalling it after messing around with where FSX actually is (installing FSX and FSX:SE at various points can cause issues in your registry, so the installer can't find where things are, exactly). Fully uninstall the NGX in the add/remove programs feature of the control panel. Then make sure you have the latest NGX installer from your account, and re-install.

As an additional note, please try to use descriptive thread titles. A title of "PMDG 737 NGX" doesn't give anyone an idea of what the thread is about, and in a forum called "PMDG 737NGX," it's quite redundant. I've updated the title to be more specific to the actual contents/question of the thread.

Kyle Rodgers

I did go and download the latest installer for that , I had made sure that FSX was fully uninstalled and the PMDG 737 , I had did this three times just in a week trying to get PMDG 737 installed . I had never before had this much trouble and i have done  a installers  before   and never had this much trouble 

I have done everything you said above , and has not worked.

I think that they have so much security built into this that it getting ridiculous to purchase anything anymore its not simple like it used to be.

And i did not know you had such restriction on using your form, sorry for the so call redundancy.  First time using the form.

Thanks

12 minutes ago, Randy Manning said:

I think that they have so much security built into this that it getting ridiculous to purchase anything anymore its not simple like it used to be.

It isn't security on our end. You know this to be true because you had it installed already.

This is almost certainly some sort of antivirus or other "security" type software interfering with the install here. "Feature transfer error" means the installer was unable to extract to the Windows temporary folder - really the only way that can happen is something getting in between the installer and Windows, which is precisely what such programs do with their real-time scanning functions.

15 minutes ago, Randy Manning said:

And i did not know you had such restriction on using your form, sorry for the so call redundancy.  First time using the form.

It's not a restriction. It's just common sense. It would be like labeling a book History in the History section of a library. I already know it's a book about history because it's in that section. What history, specifically, is the question.

Same here. We all already know it's about the NGX because that's where you're posting. Give someone a reason to click on the thread to open it, read it, and help you out: make the title interesting / relevant to the help you need.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

What an interesting supposition regarding titles. 

I whole heartedly agree with you and I very rarely open topics (in any forum) if it just gives a single title word.  I almost put it into the same category of responders who tell the world that "google is your friend" with no link or information on what to search for. Almost a complete waste of everybodys time.

Anyway, again you excel.

Thank you also for the friendly way in which the response was couched.

Regards to all

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

I had to uninstalled FSX before due to some error in the system, but never had any problem with the PMDG installing untill now, I did installed Steam before , it was purchased a few years ago , but when i had to reinstalled FSX, i never reinstalled the Steam, at the same time never had no trouble installing the PMDG 737, its just recently that  came up with me . 

I always like to do a clean installed too when i do this , its crazy why this is doing that. I also have the PD3  V 4 install too no problem there so far.

I have both the FSX and the PD3v4 installed on the C drive. do not reckon they are interfering with the other would you? 

Thanks

7 hours ago, Randy Manning said:

I had to uninstalled FSX before due to some error in the system, but never had any problem with the PMDG installing untill now, I did installed Steam before , it was purchased a few years ago , but when i had to reinstalled FSX, i never reinstalled the Steam, at the same time never had no trouble installing the PMDG 737, its just recently that  came up with me .

This is evidence that it is not us. It installed correctly before. Now, it's not. Our code/installer isn't the thing that changed.

I always like to do a clean installed too when i do this , its crazy why this is doing that. I also have the PD3  V 4 install too no problem there so far.

Yeah, even more evidence it's not with our installer.

I have both the FSX and the PD3v4 installed on the C drive. do not reckon they are interfering with the other would you? 

They can't. Wholly separate programs in separate locations. FSX and FSX:SE, however, might interfere. If FSX was never installed on the computer, FSX:SE will install as if it was FSX (folder names, and everything). If FSX was installed, it will install in a different location, and make a different registry entry. Installing into C:\Program Files (x86)\ can also cause issues (particularly related to UAC and antivirus protection).

This is one of the many reasons that I strongly recommend against reinstalls of anything unless you have a very, incredibly legitimate reason. Uninstall/reinstall can cause a lot more problems than the problem you were setting out to resolve (which is usually pretty simple to solve).

Kyle Rodgers