Sign in to follow this  
McDANIEL_Douglas

FSX 0xc000012f error

Hi Jethro! I am right now initiating an installation from scratch to see if it works. Hope so. 

Wow! From beautiful, cool Australia. Cool people! 🙂

Daniel Sinico.

(sorry for my English mistakes).

Hi guys again, how are you doing?

So, in these past days, I was unable to fix my problem so I decided to give the PC to a technician. It seems the error disappeared but, now when I start my FSX, there is another error window. I do not intend to bore you, but I am trying to avoid deleting all my FSX stuff and to reinstall everything again as possible as I can. Below is the screenshot of that window that I will try to translate into English.

Screenshot%2039_zpssbcxcwp9.png

It is written this:

"D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

It is impossible to start the specific application. The configuration of the parallel modality is not correct. Consult the registry of events or the command string sxstrace.exe to obtain further information."

Now, I tried the "sxstrace.exe" as administrator but the window interface appear and disappear almost instantaneously. So, this option I consider null. The other option I do not know how to try it, sincerely.

If you think the only way to resolve this issue is to delete everything and start from scratch, I will do it. Or if you know a bypass method for this problem, please, share with me!

Thank you so much!

Daniel Sinico.

2 hours ago, McDANIEL_Douglas said:

"D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

It is impossible to start the specific application. The configuration of the parallel modality is not correct. Consult the registry of events or the command string sxstrace.exe to obtain further information."

I've not heard of "parallel modality" but it does sound a little like the "side-by-side" error which some people have had. If that's the case, FSX can display this error message when it can't access the Microsoft visual C++ library. To fix the issue, download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86) and Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x64) which can be found here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3387
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21254

Once installed, restart your computer and try to launch FSX as normal.

• Like 1

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Hello Daniel,

Just to clarify a few points, since the thread began various screenshots indicate you are using Win10 and as you say you have since sent your "PC" to a technician to have a closer look into your issue. But I would like to ask if infact your "Computer" is indeed a "Mac" of some description running Win10 in a virtual machine using Windows Parallels.  Something about the wording of your error message:-
((configuration of the "parallel modality" is not correct.))  It could well be a Side-by-Side error using slightly misleading wording,  but usually Win MS Side-by-Side errors are indicated as such, Modality, Parallel, & Configuration suggest Mac Parallel Win10 VM Config issues. If this is the case I am out of my depth.

Can you please confirm your Computer specs, hardware & Operating System type /s. Is your system a Mac or a PC

Otherwise Vortex681's suggestion above would be yet another good recommendation if you are just running a PC with Win10, you should see Jim Young's  "AVSIM CTD Guide - 2018.pdf" look up Update Microsoft Visuals on page 26 there are links to all necessary MS Visual C++ updates both x64 & x86 for a PC running Win10, should have them all.  Vortex681 has also supplied links.

Mac Win10 VM using parallels, well that's a difficult question for me to answer, since I have only microscopic Mac experience, my brother had a older Mac running Win7 VirtualMachine Parallels, sorting out an issue for him turned my jet black hair to silver grey. LOL:biggrin::ohmy::unsure:.

Edited by Jethro

Hi both Vortex and Jethro! 

So, I have tried Vortex's suggestion but it did not worked. And I tried it as administrator.

For what concern "parallel modality"... please, forget it. 😄 Lol. I tried my best translating into English but, you know, it is hard to me to find the correct technical words.

My PC was assembled after purchasing all pieces from Amazon. It is not a Mac. For example, I have an Intel i5 4690K with 8 GB of RAM, OS 64bit, x64, Windows 10 as you know. My graphic card is a Nvidia 750Ti.

P.S.: this morning I went to take my PC from the technician and he told me it was due to an Windows update that screwed up it. In fact, the only program it does not want to start is FSX only.

Thanks again!

Edited by McDANIEL_Douglas

Daniel Sinico.

If it was Windows Update, why aren't everyone with Windows 10 who updated to the latest version not having the problems you are having.  I updated and I'm not having any issues.  If FSX is not starting up, as stated in the AVSIM CTD Guide, this means one of your modules in the dll.xml is not loading properly and causing a crash.  Just rename the dll.xml and go fly.  The dll.xml is loading when you first start up FSX.  If FSX will not start, then it is one of the modules causing the problem.  The Guide shows you how to disable each module if you want to troubleshoot and try to find which module is causing your crash.  Most likely you have VATSIM or some other program that is not working properly.  FSUIPC sometimes causes crashes if not the latest for your simulator.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10