Sign in to follow this  
Patco Lch

How bad do I need a camera App?

I keep reading easy to install and use ref Chase Plane. That's my song. I think I'll pick it up today. It's the Sim physics I'm mainly interested in. Without that you're flying a monorail.

Vic green

Never tried chase plane, but for me the best camera effects in terms of movements, turbulence, rumble etc are provided by opus fsi. It has the added bonus of the movement being tied to the weather engine which is also excellent. You kill two birds with one stone so to speak.  The live camera view is also able to be controlled with any Xbox / gamepad style controller in addition to the myriad of views you can set up. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The turbulance effects in EzDok are tied to Active sky if you have it installed.

13 hours ago, downscc said:

LOL Dave, back in the day maybe.  I'm past the point where you want me in the cockpit, just getting the coffee made in the morning without spilling or burning something is an accomplishment. Gotta keep it simple.

LOL!  I hear that brother!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

3 hours ago, GHarrall said:

Never tried chase plane, but for me the best camera effects in terms of movements, turbulence, rumble etc are provided by opus fsi. It has the added bonus of the movement being tied to the weather engine which is also excellent. You kill two birds with one stone so to speak.  The live camera view is also able to be controlled with any Xbox / gamepad style controller in addition to the myriad of views you can set up. 

That's what I've been using except I have the older 3.55 version. I have to use AS2016 for my weather engine because that's what my PMDG,LEONARDO, TFDi liners get the radar data from so I've just used OPUS for the camera. Yesterday I had a successful flight with no CTD just by rolling back my auto gen scenery and scenery radius so it appears that was my issue not the camera app. So I dunno. I might just keep what I have and toy around with that for a while.

Vic green

I use chaseplane (and opus before that) and couldn’t imagine flying without something that gives me custom views.

Trying to pan around a cockpit on a monitor is very different from looking around a real cockpit and to me having the custom views mapped to a joystick hat switch makes up some of the difference.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU