Sign in to follow this  
mazelda

two fold question

Ok so i'm having a very large number of bsod happening all of a sudden  after the last windows update

I've added no new hardware so am at a complete loss on where to start as every bsod has different fault codes  so far today I've had kmode exception not handled and a bad pool header  bsod's

so any ideas on that?

and the second part is, on the off chance this is all driver related, is there a good program that will update and/or check that my drivers are up to date (prefereably free)

thanks

Pete Little

I would ensure your BIOS are up to date, run a Scan/Check Disk.  After that I would run a memory diagnostic.  If all those pass, I would roll back the last Windows update.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

How do i roll back win update as i dont have an uninstall option 

Although im running win10 pro all else seems ok

Pete Little

Try the free copy of Iobit's Driver Booster. It may help.

However, you aren't very clear on when you are getting the BSOD. What programs are you running, what are your system specs, what version of Win 10 are you running?  Does this always happen with the same program?

Need more info if we are going to be able to help.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

In order to roll back an update, go to control panel, and in the upper right search block, type "Windows Updates". You should get a screen that shows you all of the updates you  have installed. It also gives you the ability to delete an update. In doing so, Windows will drop back to an earlier update.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

thanks for the info guys,

bios update looks like it might have fixed it (fingers crossed,no issues all day)

the bios caused a few other issues as it re'enabled hyperthreading which caused issues with my overclock,but hopefully I have fixed it

Pete Little

Happy you have the matter resolved!

Best wishes for Happy Flights!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.