Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Trying To Re-Install 4.3---but failing over

After a Windows 7 Pro 64-bit OS failure due to Firefox Quantum wiping out the Registry, when trying to re-install v 4.3, keep getting an error ........ ' One or more issues caused the setup to fail. Please fix the issues.......etc, etc',  followed by 0x800713ec-Asia.

What gives on a completely re-formatted reinstalled Windows 7 Pro 64-bit system? Any ideas, folks?

Any help would be appreciated on this problem, seeing did not get too far seeking help on a joystick issue.

Make sure you are running the install program as administrator. 

Dont install into program files folders.

make sure anti virus disabled.

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

I googled  0x800713ec-Asia and got a lot of hits. All relate to the .NET installation of Windows 7 not being correct.

Try googling it and follow the suggestions from MS. It is a Windows problem not Prepar3d

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

1 hour ago, djbully said:

Make sure you are running the install program as administrator. 

Dont install into program files folders.

make sure anti virus disabled.

How silly of.me------clean forgot that ran as an Administrator last time when it installed flawlessly.........Mia Culpa! Mia Culpa. Grey matter is fading these days.

Thanks for that tip. Yes, disabled AV, and in a totally separate folder like I have habitually been doing since FS95.

Thanks for tip, Vic. Will get latest.

Edited by vc10man

have you thought of going down the win10 route.i use it now after running win7 for years .i switched to classic mode and its almost exactly the same as win 7.for me it's perfect and i don't have any issues when running prepared 4.3.

worth a look

steve

Best solution in this case is full blown windows re-installation from scratch.  Apparently you ended up with Registry issues.  Fixing them at times can be a pain.  It all depends.

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

8 hours ago, steve howlett said:

have you thought of going down the win10 route.i use it now after running win7 for years .i switched to classic mode and its almost exactly the same as win 7.for me it's perfect and i don't have any issues when running prepared 4.3.

worth a look

steve

Thanks, Steve. Already have exactly that with Classic Mode on a another faster Haswell  PC.

This is for a work-based PC after-hours usage. Thanks, nevertheless for the suggestion, despite Win10 Updates screwing things up.

8 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Best solution in this case is full blown windows re-installation from scratch.  Apparently you ended up with Registry issues.  Fixing them at times can be a pain.  It all depends.

Did just that, thanks.

If Prepare3D v4.3 was still activated when your computer went down you may need to ask LM to sort out/reactivate your license.

bob

19 minutes ago, onebob said:

If Prepare3D v4.3 was still activated when your computer went down you may need to ask LM to sort out/reactivate your license.

bob

Thanks for that suggestion, but do not even get to that stage as yet.

Have tried re-installing with Run as Administrator; have the latest .NET x64 re-installed, have the latest C++ re-installed. But the re-install still keeps falling over at the same place, same error. Now, don't know what else to try.

Tried again, after a re-boot, but keeps falling over at the .NET 4.6.2 stage with this error in the Log File.......' 0x800713ec :failed to execute the EXE package'.

Any ideas,guys?

Thanks a lot for that Zoran.

Just downloading now.

6 hours ago, vc10man said:

Thanks, Steve. Already have exactly that with Classic Mode on a another faster Haswell  PC.

This is for a work-based PC after-hours usage. Thanks, nevertheless for the suggestion, despite Win10 Updates screwing things up.

Hey rick guess i'm just lucky,i've never had issues after updates.either that or i'm too thick to notice them.

just reinstalled 4.3 .started yesterday.not because of win10 just wanted to get rid of vector and a few old aircraft leftovers.seems ok at the moment.

look out for me on the p3d help forums:-)

steve

32 minutes ago, steve howlett said:

Hey rick guess i'm just lucky,i've never had issues after updates.either that or i'm too thick to notice them.

just reinstalled 4.3 .started yesterday.not because of win10 just wanted to get rid of vector and a few old aircraft leftovers.seems ok at the moment.

look out for me on the p3d help forums:-)

steve

Thanks Steve. Will do.

Am currently re-downloading v4.3 all over again, but a slow broadband connection is taking ages. 8Gb downloaded so far.