Sign in to follow this  
G-RFRY

LLH Creations weekend sale

LLH Creations 50% OFF Sale Black weekend 21st - 22nd use code LLH50.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

LLH creations have a 50% discount on their website this weekend (21st and 22nd July) making their somewhat expensive but unique products very good value. For anyone who enjoys mountain flying and challenging airports they should particularly take a look at Meribel, Courcheval and Alpe d'Huez Airports in the French Alps. These airports serve French alpine ski resorts and are referred to as Altiports as they are built on the sides of mountains at high altitudes. They all have sloping runways, the 1,760ft runway at Courcheval having a gradient of no less than 18.5% with no option of an overshoot! Believe it or not at one stage Tyrolean Airlines operated DHC-7s into Courcheval, a challenge worth trying with Milton Shupe's great freeware version of the airliner! And when you have mastered that try some other aircraft like the C-130 - it is possible when lightly loaded!! They also have a number of other French airports (and heliports) in the French alpine region and all really are worth considering at the bargain price.

Bill

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This might help to find them.

http://www.llhinfo.com (French version)
http://www.llhinfo.com/home.html (English version)
contact@llhinfo.com

• Upvote 1

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I've just now have had to reinstall P3D and needed to reinstall Courcheval but I was damned if I was going to pay another 5 euros or whatever they're using for money, to re-download it!

• Upvote 2

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I decided to do a full reinstall of P3Dv4.3, I only installed the client at first, when I install an addon I always put the addon download in my P3D backup folder and did not have to redownload any, and any activation keys I put in my documents folder.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

9 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

I've just now have had to reinstall P3D and needed to reinstall Courcheval but I was damned if I was going to pay another 5 euros or whatever they're using for money, to re-download it!

On principle it is very irritating to have to pay to redownload stuff you’ve already paid for and that grates on me too.

But go on Ron just this once - I know you want to see how many different types of aircraft you can kill yourself in flying backwards and forwards between Meribel and Courcheval!!! 😉

Bill 

Edited by scianoir
Mispelling

Bill,

Thanks for sharing your expertise. I'm going to finally add Meribel and Courcheval to my list of addons for p3d.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

4 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Bill,

Thanks for sharing your expertise. I'm going to finally add Meribel and Courcheval to my list of addons for p3d.

It’s nice scenery although not quite up to the standard of something like the Orbx airfield addons but IMO the uniqueness of these airfields makes up for that! Hope you enjoy them.

Bill

4 hours ago, scianoir said:

It’s nice scenery although not quite up to the standard of something like the Orbx airfield addons but IMO the uniqueness of these airfields makes up for that! Hope you enjoy them.

Bill

Picked up Meribel and Courcheval. No problem installing Courcheval, but I can't install Meribel. I keep getting an error message. The extractor doesn't work.

Update, trying to load Courcheval leads to a CTD without an error in log. Got a refund.

Edited by DJJose

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Picked up Meribel and Courcheval. No problem installing Courcheval, but I can't install Meribel. I keep getting an error message. The extractor doesn't work.

Oh that’s very unfortunate! I have had no problems with any of the LLH products but I bought them all a couple of years ago and, unlike you, I’m still on FSX. What a shame as they really are fun airports to fly from.

Bill

Why do their product descriptions say FSX or P3d (v3, v4), and not FSX and P3d (v3, v4)? Do you only get one version (eg FSX) and have to pay again for P3D version, or did something get lost in translation?

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

3 hours ago, scianoir said:

Oh that’s very unfortunate! I have had no problems with any of the LLH products but I bought them all a couple of years ago and, unlike you, I’m still on FSX. What a shame as they really are fun airports to fly from.

Bill

Two huge issues. One installer would not open and the other airport crashed P3d v4 without an error.

I felt bad and was really looking forward to flying in the area. I had to resort to watching this video.

Nice video  (Megeve is actually one of the easier altiports to fly into) but watching that must make it even more frustrating for you! Sorry you had those problems but as I said I was basing my views of those products on my experience with them in FSX. Sounds like LLH might need to sort out how their products function in P3D. 

Bill