I have that one hat switch on the left side that I would like to use for panning. Can someone tell me how and where to do that?

You don't have to own the Saiteck Pro Flight. How do you make your hat switch to work?

If it is anything like the CH Elite yoke, then you can't assign it to look .  Bear in mind though, there might be someone out there that has done it but I don't know of anyone.  There is a Saitek forum, have you tried there?  Google Saitek Support. Sorry I couldn't solve your problem but I haven't had any Saitek gear since the 45 .

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I had a SAITECK x52 AND HAD A HAT SWITCH THAT WORKED.

You don't say what sim you are using but if it's P3D or FSX and you have a paid version of FSUIPC these settings in your FSUIPC5.ini file will work great.  You can either edit the file directly or assign within the FSUIPC addon menu.

[Buttons]
PollInterval=25
ButtonRepeat=20,10
1=RB,32,C65734,0 ; hatswB     -{PAN_UP}-
2=RB,36,C65735,0 ; hatswB     -{PAN_DOWN}-
3=RB,38,C65671,0 ; hatswB     -{PAN_LEFT}-
4=RB,34,C65672,0 ; hatswB     -{PAN_RIGHT}-

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

If your using FSX/P3D just go to controllers and set it up from there it should not present a problem.

If I remember correctly there is a box to tick to enable controllers on the settings page.

Mick

@bbuckleyhas the right answer. You need a paid version of FSUIPC. I’ve done the same myself and can confirm it works.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I don't have the Saitek joystick I have the CH Eclipse but the principle is the same and as I said above if FSX or P3D from the menu go to options/controls check the yoke is showing in the controller box, change event category to views, scroll down to view (pan) click to highlight, click new box,and add your hat switch. simple, and you most certainly do not need to pay for FSUIPC just to get a yoke to work!

Hope this helps.

Mick

1 hour ago, mickatmian said:

and you most certainly do not need to pay for FSUIPC just to get a yoke to work! 

While this is certainly true.  FSUIPC is the most cost effective add-on I've ever purchased. It lets me adjust sensitivities on all controls and allows me to set up profiles for different type aircraft.  It's well worth the small price. 

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

1 hour ago, bbuckley said:

While this is certainly true.  FSUIPC is the most cost effective add-on I've ever purchased. It lets me adjust sensitivities on all controls and allows me to set up profiles for different type aircraft.  It's well worth the small price. 

I know I have used FSUIPC for years myself.

But that is not what the op asked.

As we have not heard back from the op he has either, figured it out for himself, or we are making the wrong assumption as to which flight sim he is using.

Either way it's almost time for a Saturday beer here in the UK, enjoy your weekend.

Mick

• Like 1