Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

Too much scenery add-ons?

Men and reading manuals ... you see the problem? :wink:

Edited by JoeFackel
  • Like 2

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

6 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

Men and reading manuals ... you see the problem? :wink:

I drove a manual once....Not sure I understand the concept of reading one 😂

• Like 1

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

In the UK  I don't have that problem all mine were manuals.💪

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

On 7/21/2018 at 11:57 AM, Lorby_SI said:

Hi,

check the paths in your scenery library if one of them points at an empty folder. P3D V4.3 has developed the habit to "hang" when that is the case.

If you have many scenery addons, I suggest using an addon management tool that will point out empty/broken scenery paths. 

Best regards

A question regarding this; is it sufficient to merely deactivate the offending scenery library entry, or should it be removed completely from scenery.cfg?

The reason I ask is I like to keep a few "dummy" library entries for testing purposes, particularly for when I edit AFCADs or have to figure out layering to resolve a conflict (i.e. world, above ORBX but below everything else, on top, etc.)  Mostly for convenience, as it's easier to be able to just drop files into the respective folders and activate the appropriate Scenery Library entry.  I don't ever leave them active, but I do occasionally get a CTD after closing the Scenery Library in P3D.  Either those are causing the problem despite being inactive, or it's the one other empty entry that I know of that until now I hadn't deactivated due to ignorance of the potential consequence.

Christopher Sargeant | Worldwide Virtual WW2464

Spoiler

Sim PC Specs: i7-11700F @ 2.5 Ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB | 16 GB DDR4 SDRAM | Windows 11 Pro | P3D v5.3 hf2 | MSFS | TrackIR 5

18 hours ago, Sabretooth78 said:

is it sufficient to merely deactivate the offending scenery library entry

I think so, yes. The "hang" seems to happen when the sim is building the scenery cache, so a disabled scenery shouldn't interfere.

Best regards

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:47 AM, Lorby_SI said:

Hi,

the freeware Lorby AddonOrganizer will point out broken or invalid scenery (or other addon) paths. That may save a bit of headache.

Please note that this is a new behavior of the platform, that was not present in previous versions.

Best regards

Lorby_SI your product is wonderful. Been using it for a year. Thank you.