Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Freeware scenery for P3D - AI Traffic?

Good afternoon fellow simmers,

I'm running P3D V4.2 stock other then Active sky, ASCA and orbx base package. I did an internet search on freeware add-on scenery for p3d but didn't come up with anything clear and concise. I'm wondering if there are any freeware scenery airports available for P3D? I come straight from FS9 and remember FS9 having a plethora of scenery airports freeware, having said that I also don't want to "Break" my P3D either, I'm very cautious in what I install in P3D to avoid frustration.... Should payware be the only avenue to take in order to keep my P3D safe?

As well, figured Id get 2 birds with one stone, When it comes to AI traffic, I also couldn't come up with anything clear, everything I found online regarding AI was pretty daunting, but is there any easy to use real world AI that can be injected in P3D painlessly? Again going back to my FS9 days, I remember using world of AI which was incredibly easy to use, does something like that work for P3D?

To sum up:
1) Are there any good freeware airport scenery that wont break my P3D

2) How does one go about installing AI without having to do any hardcore programming?

Thanks
Gerry

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

The AVSIM Library has at least a dozen or so freeware airports for P3D4. I have several and they work just fine!

• Like 1

Here you can find a lot of freeware scenery and the ones which work for P3D are specially marked. 

http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx.html

Also most of the FSX scenery you can compile to P3D. Once you get the hang of it, it is quite easy and fast to do. 

For the traffic I would suggest to buy an addon (UTL or traffic global). In my humble opinion It is just not worth the pain to get a freeware program running in P3D. I use Traffic Global and can’t complain.

also on a side note...like you said you almost don’t have any addons running, why do you not just use the latest P3D version to benefit from the latest improvements?

I would go with Ultimate Traffic Live. Here is a good guide,for installing Ai into that platform,http://www.liljendal.dk/portals/1/files/tmp2017/Installing AI for UTLive.pdf

Here is a freeware 757 I installed, oI0WOq.jpg

Edited by BIGSKY
  • Like 1

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

17 hours ago, Labbi85 said:

also on a side note...like you said you almost don’t have any addons running, why do you not just use the latest P3D version to benefit from the latest improvements?

Thanks for the replies! I’ll dig into these products a little deeper.

As for updating to V4.3, I don’t really see anything that would be of great benefit in the way I use P3D to update, So I was thinking of waiting till the next update.

Thanks Again everyone

Gerry

Edited by flyinpilot212121

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

23 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

As for updating to V4.3, I don’t really see anything that would be of great benefit in the way I use P3D to update, So I was thinking of waiting till the next update.

It's free for V4 users and it fixes bugs and provides some updates to V4.  Think V5 will be released early next year and that will not be free.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

ORBX has some freeware airports they offer on their website.

Mark

You can also find a few really nice Danish airpots for free here: http://www.vidandesign.com/freeware.html

Edited by jlund

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11