Sign in to follow this  
Sheldo

P3D v4.3 FMC and other displays can't be dragged to another monitor

Hi,

Since updating to P3DV4 I can no longer double click on the magnifying glass symbol (when hovering over FMC or other display units) to unlock and move to another display monitor this on all PMDG aircraft (I always did this to enlarge the text and ease the input and reading of data)

Anyone else had this problem ???

Best regards

Keith

2 minutes ago, Sheldo said:

I can no longer double click on the magnifying glass symbol

For what it's worth, the only time you should double click anything - in any program - is when you have an arrow cursor. A hand, magnifying glass, or any other variant means the action happens on single click. You could actually be re-closing the pop-up using a double click on the click spot. Click spots are single click.

4 minutes ago, Sheldo said:

Anyone else had this problem ???

Nope. Do remember that you must also undock the panel to get it out of the sim window. (Right click on the border after expanding it.)

Kyle Rodgers

Hi,

Thank you for your response but when I move the cursor (with arrowhead over any of the  cockpit displays the arrow changes to a magnifying glass) and when I click that it switches the data to a blank screen then click it again and it returns (when always before it gave me a menu to allow me to unlock, move ,etc )

1 hour ago, Sheldo said:

Thank you for your response but when I move the cursor (with arrowhead over any of the  cockpit displays the arrow changes to a magnifying glass) and when I click that it switches the data to a blank screen then click it again and it returns (when always before it gave me a menu to allow me to unlock, move ,etc )

Sounds like the pop-up is behaving properly, but your sim isn't properly configured. Do keep in mind that you need to go back through your P3Dv4 settings to set them to what you used in P3Dv3 (or whatever earlier version you had - 4.2, 4.1, 4.0, etc). Perhaps you need to be in windowed mode, but the sim isn't using windowed mode?

Still...sounds like the pop-up is being sent to whatever window you had saved from your earlier version of P3D, but your new P3D install's settings aren't properly set up, so it isn't being sent to the other screen. The default behavior of the pop-up is to show up larger on the same screen. Since you're seeing a blank screen where you clicked, I'm betting it's being sent somewhere the sim isn't allowing to show properly.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi again,

I'm so grateful for your comments and understand that you may well be correct, but, how can I check if it's created but not showing on my screen, please ?

My best regards,

Keith

1 minute ago, Sheldo said:

I'm so grateful for your comments and understand that you may well be correct, but, how can I check if it's created but not showing on my screen, please ?

Not sure. I don't utilize this function (which is a function of the sim itself, and not a PMDG-specific function). I'd check in your Display Settings (I think P3D calls the menu "graphics"), and make sure everything looks as it should. The P3D section of the forum could also be of some help.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle,

Thanks to you the problem solved,I previously had a white rectangular box in the windscreen area of my NGX and the only way to remove it was to slide the 2D transparency setting to 100 % in the graphics section of P3D v4.3,when I slide this setting back to 0% the problem that I had is gone !!

I hope this helps others with this problem (the white rectangle has disappeared now as well !)

I really appreciate your guidance with this problem Sir 

All the very best

Keith

11 minutes ago, Sheldo said:

Thanks to you the problem solved,I previously had a white rectangular box in the windscreen area of my NGX and the only way to remove it was to slide the 2D transparency setting to 100 % in the graphics section of P3D v4.3,when I slide this setting back to 0% the problem that I had is gone !!

Glad to hear it.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle,

Ok I have now got a method that works to remove the white rectangular box from NGX windscreen by sliding the 2D setting to 100%,but now it's not possible to unlock and move the FMC to another screen or even o the same screen as it simply goes blank when I hover the mouse over it and click (If I click again it returns)

If I slide the 2D back to 0 it brings back the normal FMC with the unlock function working again.

Can I ask that you try to find a reason why and a solution please

All the very best

Keith

Hi again Kyle,

I have now tried the NGX and Q.O.S in VR and set the 2D panel to 50% and can now see a light transparent rectangle and a light transparent FMC in the windscreen using Oculus Rift VR system hope this helps with your study

Best regards

Keith

Keith,

I appreciate the follow ups, but as I mentioned in an earlier post, I don't use these functions, and they're not specifically supported by us. To that end, the posts don't really need to be addressed to me. They're for the benefit of the forum.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for reply,where should I post it then please ?

Best regards

keith

Keith,

the white window in VR is a feature/bug (however oe may call it) of P3D and PMDG together. It is actually an important little gauge in the top left corner to use the model‘s lights properly. But it is a 2D popup window and P3D shows all 2D popups in the middle of the screen in VR. You can hide it with the transparency setting but this will hide the other popups too. Everyone here who uses VR would welcome a solution by either PMDG or Lockheed Martin but until now all we can do is set the transparency accordingly to how we use P3D.