Sign in to follow this  
noahjpn

PMDG 777 unreal acceleration during takeoff and climb

While taking off with the PMDG 777-200 I reach v1 and vr in a few seconds (+/- 10 seconds).

This is unrealistic fast and i don't know what the problem could be. My fuel is set to 1/3 full and so is the cargo. 

Could anyone help me and try to figure out what I could be doing wrong?

Seems about right. V1 and Vr can be the same speed in certain aircraft under certain conditions. You are very light, 1/3 cargo and fuel is not a lot, so those speeds would be attained relatively quickly. What are the takeoff distances you are seeing?

• Like 1

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

18 hours ago, 19dcavscout said:

Seems about right. V1 and Vr can be the same speed in certain aircraft under certain conditions. You are very light, 1/3 cargo and fuel is not a lot, so those speeds would be attained relatively quickly. What are the takeoff distances you are seeing?

The fact that V1 and Vr can be close to each other is already clear to me. The distance we are talking about is about 1/3 of the runaway, so approximately +/- 3000ft. 

I work at EHAM so I se many 777's taking of every day, and their takeoff's take so much more time than the one's I am performing. I know I am doing it with a light aircraft but still it feels way to quick for me.

Anyhow thank you for your quick response!

The 777's engines are ridiculously powerful. If you see them depart from EHAM, they're likely loaded up quite heavily for long flights (both fuel, pax, cargo). I personally like to use the 777 on short flights in Japan and use appropriate fuel, but load up on pax and cargo, AND use 20% derated thrust, which often gives me a takeoff run of about 40-45 seconds 🙂

Cheers,

Pete

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

9 hours ago, Peter Z KCLE_EDDN said:

The 777's engines are ridiculously powerful. If you see them depart from EHAM, they're likely loaded up quite heavily for long flights (both fuel, pax, cargo). I personally like to use the 777 on short flights in Japan and use appropriate fuel, but load up on pax and cargo, AND use 20% derated thrust, which often gives me a takeoff run of about 40-45 seconds 🙂

Cheers,

Pete

Thank you guys for helping me out!!