Sign in to follow this  
severniae

Setting engine power

Hi,

I've been working with engaging scripts to set various engine settings, being called via MCE that is then pressing a keyboard command that calls a lua script within FSUIPC.

One of the voice commands I want to use is "Set takeoff power", "Cruise power", "Idle Power", etc...

It seems a few of these are set up by default with MCE and for instance when I say 'set takeoff power' MCE co-pilot is jamming the throttles forward and its not calling my script.

Is there any way to disable this behavour? I don't really want the Virtual co-pilot touching the controls at all, but especially the throttles. If someone could help that would be great!

Thanks in advance,

James

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

6 hours ago, severniae said:

Hi,

I've been working with engaging scripts to set various engine settings, being called via MCE that is then pressing a keyboard command that calls a lua script within FSUIPC.

One of the voice commands I want to use is "Set takeoff power", "Cruise power", "Idle Power", etc...

It seems a few of these are set up by default with MCE and for instance when I say 'set takeoff power' MCE co-pilot is jamming the throttles forward and its not calling my script.

Is there any way to disable this behavour? I don't really want the Virtual co-pilot touching the controls at all, but especially the throttles. If someone could help that would be great!

Thanks in advance,

James

The reason they "appear" to be jammed is that he is pushing them incrementally. At some point (after a few seconds) you can set them as you wish manually.

As you discovered, built-in commands always take precedence over custom ones and will execute what we planned.

Custom commands have to be different by at least one character.

You could try appending "please" or "OK" to all of those commands you created, like "please set takeoff power", "ok idle power"

The only built-in commands that you can override are "gear up" and "gear down", and you'd need to change an option in "mce.ini"

This has been implemented in order to let Fo perform all sorts of tasks beyond retracting or extending the gear. Like disarming spoilers etc.

But for most other commands, there was never a need for users to create their own. Except when the aircraft isn't fully supported.

Do you mostly need this because Lua scripts are driving your hardware simpit?

Hi, didn't realise they couldn't be overridden, ok I'll add please or something and that should work - what I've done is got some scripts that I'm working with that have the engineer control the engines - so while he controls the engines, the FO helps with other areas of flight.

James W

Hi, how do I change the gear up setting in MCE?

I'd like to get the F/O to do more when selecting gear up... (start an after takeoff flow...)

James W

11 hours ago, severniae said:

Hi, how do I change the gear up setting in MCE?

I'd like to get the F/O to do more when selecting gear up... (start an after takeoff flow...)

Click <More Options> button in "General" tab of the MCE UI

In "Advanced options" panel, click <View config>

mce.ini will show-up in Notepad.

Look at the [OPTIONS] section.

Change "UseAlternateGrammar=0" to "UseAlternateGrammar=1" and save.

Restart MCE and you'll notice "gear up" and "gear down" commands are no-longer accepted.

You can now define them as triggers for flows that do whatever you want Fo to perform.

To add the actual commands that retract or extend gear in the flow, use other alternatives like "retract gear", "extend gear, "raise gear", "gear retract".