Sign in to follow this  
paulpenney

Unique problem - Linda stuck on “summary” page when sync’ed

Latest version of FSUIPC 5, PREPAR3D V4.3v. Linda 3.0.7

Title says it all.. when Linda is synced to sim, the GUI jumps to the summary page. When I try and click to tracer, it stays there for a second and then shifts back on its own to summery. Doesn’t matter what page I try and go on. 

I was on 3.0.3 and this behaviour started after I upgraded. Any ideas? 

I tried switching aircraft type with no effect, and had no additional luas running. 

Paul 

Hi Paul

Thank you for your report. I have not heard of this problem before and I am surprised it has been occurring over different versions of LINDA.

When the GUI jumps to the Summary page, what else changes? Does the aircraft remain sync-ed? Can you access the MCP and Joystick setup pages? What aircraft are you using? When you click on Tracer does the Console window open? Click on Console button (F1) to open manually/display. Does the LINDA LUA still function and respond to button presses?

I have done a detailed analysis of the GUI code to see what could be happening. There are several occasions when display of the Summary page is forced (ie. on startup, clicking the Settings button, selecting a new aircraft). There are 3 other conditions which may reflect your case:

1. Windows detects a joystick device change.
  2. FSUIPC is not connected/running.
  3. The current aircraft module does not match that used by GUI.

None of the cases relate to the Tracer function. In case 1, I would ask you to disconnect any extra HID devices keeping just a basic joystick. For Case 2, what version of FSUIPC5 are you using (5.132c is the latest)? For case 3, I will need you to follow the Fault Diagnosis thread procedure and email me your logs plus your config-HID.lua and config-MCPX.lua files.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Scott,

You are a true saint, you know that? Thanks for offering such prompt response on a free product. 

I fixed the problem by plugging in a joystick. It appears that without a joystick, Linda gets stuck in a loop after determining "HIDConfigReload Unsuccessful"

Thanks for all your help

Paul

You are very welcome. Glad you have it sorted. Just to confirm. You had no joysticks installed to cause the problem? I need to look at this if that is the case.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Thanks again, yes that is correct - no joysticks plugged in causes the behavior. Also, I wiped FSUIPC of joystick settings to see if that made a difference and it didn't. 

Thank you. I will certainly have a look at the 'no joystick' issue with a suitable warning. Such user reports are essential to improving LINDA.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

19 hours ago, paulpenney said:

Scott,

You are a true saint, you know that? Thanks for offering such prompt response on a free product. 

I fixed the problem by plugging in a joystick. It appears that without a joystick, Linda gets stuck in a loop after determining "HIDConfigReload Unsuccessful"

Thanks for all your help

Paul

Paul

In your fault condition were the config-hid.lua file(s) present in /modules/linda-cfg/aircrafts/fsx default/ and/or /modules/linda-cfg/aircrafts/{your aircraft}/?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK