Sign in to follow this  
ArabianCEO

Question re: T7 Updates

First and foremost,

Thank you so much for this great product! It's one of my favorite ones to fly. I was wondering whether PMDG was planning to update a few items in the T7. While I only fly GA, I note that there's really no feel of inertia on the aircraft. Maybe some experienced T7 drivers can comment, but my understanding of heavy aircraft is once breakaway thrust is set and the plane starts moving, it'll keep moving, even at idle, until the brakes are applied. Will this be simulated in a future update? If so, that'd be awesome!

On a side note, and please pardon my curiosity and inquisitiveness, will there me animation updates to the model with respect to the lights? Will future updates simulate the time it takes for the lights to turn on? 🙂

Thanks again for entertaining the musings of a GA pilot :). Please keep up the fantastic work!

Mahmoud Fadli

10 hours ago, ArabianCEO said:

Maybe some experienced T7 drivers can comment, but my understanding of heavy aircraft is once breakaway thrust is set and the plane starts moving, it'll keep moving, even at idle, until the brakes are applied. Will this be simulated in a future update? If so, that'd be awesome!

Default ground physics in the sim are garbage, so we wrote our own for the 744. Those changes will eventually make their way back to the other products.

On a side note, and please pardon my curiosity and inquisitiveness, will there me animation updates to the model with respect to the lights?

In what way?

Will future updates simulate the time it takes for the lights to turn on?

Lights turn on as fast as you reach up and hit the switch. I'm guessing you're referencing some of the early-2000s GA singles with early HID/Xenon landing lights that take a moment to warm up? You don't really see those on large aircraft anymore. Where there aren't incandescents, they're LED.

Kyle Rodgers

37 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Default ground physics in the sim are garbage, so we wrote our own for the 744. Those changes will eventually make their way back to the other products.

In what way?

Lights turn on as fast as you reach up and hit the switch. I'm guessing you're referencing some of the early-2000s GA singles with early HID/Xenon landing lights that take a moment to warm up? You don't really see those on large aircraft anymore. Where there aren't incandescents, they're LED.

Kyle,

Thank you so much for responding so quickly! I appreciate it. You've answered my questions wonderfully. I agree -- I'm somewhat astonished that the ground physics in the sim haven't been updated yet -- hopefully LM will address that in later versions of P3D.

You are correct re the lights. I've noticed, at least from the GA side of things, that the newer LED flights are extremely quick to turn on. I appreciate the attention to detail :).

Can't wait for the update! Thanks again.