Sign in to follow this  
avi8tir

Rex Sky Force 3D and ASCA - major (and random) FPS issues

I randomly have major impacts from these weather programs. Yesterday I was descending into the DC area through the low 20's and into the teens.... there was an overcast layer that appeared to be at around 15000. my FPS would swing from 35 to 3 -- back and forth and eventually stayed in the 3 FPS range. 

closed out rex and asca and FPS was up in the 40's - where it normally is. 

opened rex and asca and the same issue happened again. 

Like I said, this is random.... I wasnt flying through or around clouds yesterday as I was descending to an overcast layer. 

any thoughts? 

Hi avi8tir,

I have been having the same FPS issues, only in my case, I had major FPS loss on changing views. I run a SLI setup with two 970`s, as soon as I disabled SLI my FPS are now normal without any FPS drop on change of view. For some reason I only ever had this problem with P3d V4..

I also run REX and Active Sky together as well and do not appear to have this problem anymore, I dont know whether this will help or not, if you have SLI might be worth a try...

Mike

28 minutes ago, scrunge49 said:

Hi avi8tir,

I have been having the same FPS issues, only in my case, I had major FPS loss on changing views. I run a SLI setup with two 970`s, as soon as I disabled SLI my FPS are now normal without any FPS drop on change of view. For some reason I only ever had this problem with P3d V4..

I also run REX and Active Sky together as well and do not appear to have this problem anymore, I dont know whether this will help or not, if you have SLI might be worth a try...

Mike

28 minutes ago, scrunge49 said:

Hi avi8tir,

Mike

I have same SLI setup using Chaseplane and do not have those symptoms. 

Actually latest update seem to have improved my performance in SLI. Could very well be a driver update but can now fly into EGLL with Dynamic lights. Specially best with PMDG777. 

But to the OP overcast in the METAR has always being a challenge to me regarding performance. Have you tried ASCA own performance settings? 

Might wanna try 2-3 layers as well

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Thanks for the tips. I am not running SLI - I have a single GTX1080.

I can't figure it out.... it is so random but when it goes south, it drops all the way down to sub 3 FPS which is obviously not usable. 

FYI, It's not likely a system issue as I am running an i-6700k @ 4.6, M.2, 64 mb ram etc etc. 

Other than this I generally run in the 30 FPS range unless I am at dusk at a high density area where I get around 20FPS. 

40 minutes ago, avi8tir said:

Thanks for the tips. I am not running SLI - I have a single GTX1080.

I can't figure it out.... it is so random but when it goes south, it drops all the way down to sub 3 FPS which is obviously not usable. 

FYI, It's not likely a system issue as I am running an i-6700k @ 4.6, M.2, 64 mb ram etc etc. 

Other than this I generally run in the 30 FPS range unless I am at dusk at a high density area where I get around 20FPS. 

Try disable AA, all reflections and shadows, also ultra textures and speed trees /vegetation and start troubleshoot. Could be overtaxing in overcast 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Coming back to this topic.... happened again in pretty much the same fashion as before. Descending out of FL250 into EHAM at night.... overcast layer below likely around 15000. FPS dropped to the 2-3 range. Closed ActiveSky, set weather to clear day, FPS went up to 50-60.

The crazy thing is that I can fly in/around thunderstorms and get 20+ FPS all day but an overcast layer 10000 feet below cripples the sim. 

Edited by avi8tir

First of all: are you using SkyForce with ASCA only (as the topic title and the opening post imply) or SkyForce with Active Sky (together with perhaps ASCA)...?

Secondly, did you disable the weather engine in SkyForce?

Can try textures at 512 with compression, it still looks nice, but performs better! 

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

5 hours ago, J van E said:

First of all: are you using SkyForce with ASCA only (as the topic title and the opening post imply) or SkyForce with Active Sky (together with perhaps ASCA)...?

Secondly, did you disable the weather engine in SkyForce?

I am using SkyForce and Active Sky (not sure if ASCA is utilized automatically or not). Sorry, my title was incorrect. 

Yes, I followed some guidelines I believe I found on this forum to properly set up Rex and Active to work together, including disabling the weather engine in skyforce.

I would like to suggest a totally different solution. Make Sure that NONE of the P3D programs are in Program Files (X86). This cause a huge FPS drop due to the 64 bit architecture pulling files from a 32 bit file system.

Make sure you remove these programs that are installed there and your problem should be fixed (if that is the actual problem).

Nico

• Like 1

On 7/31/2018 at 12:58 PM, DAL213 said:

I would like to suggest a totally different solution. Make Sure that NONE of the P3D programs are in Program Files (X86). This cause a huge FPS drop due to the 64 bit architecture pulling files from a 32 bit file system.

Make sure you remove these programs that are installed there and your problem should be fixed (if that is the actual problem).

Nico

I have the same problem. In blue skies conditions, I can reach 60-80 fps.. and as soon as SkyForce clouds appears... fps drops sometimes to around 18-20!!! 

My REX is installed in D:\Program Files. (where C:\ is the windows drive) and D:\ is the lockheed drive (SSD drive).

Would reinstalling REX SkyForce elsewhere really help with this problem ?

thanks!