Sign in to follow this  
Guest tappy

Lost Aircraft image on create a flight page

Guest tappy

Saw this problem a while back on this forum. And some kind simmer gave the answer now it,s happened to me.....Have just installed FS2004 from scratch on a new computer and before trying it out I installed the FS9.1 update which installed without fuss.But when i started the program for the first time all was well except the window that shows the aircraft in the create new flight page is black, click on fly and all is well. have uninstalled FS9.1 upgrade but still the problem remains. Have tried to find the old post without success....could anyone help with this annoying problem......PeterMy System is as followsAMD AthlonT 64 x2 Dual-core 4200+ASUS A8N-SLI mainboard1Gb DDR400 Memory256MB nVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT Graphics Card

Guest jaapverduijn

It's usually an anti-aliasing matter, i.e. a lower AA might give you your aircraft image back. As for myself: I prefer the higher AA without the preview image, never having had much use for the latter. Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

Guest tappy

Thanks Jaap For your input, Like you I don't have much use for that view, just thought if someone else had the problem it would make me feel better going without it. If you say it's AA then the improved visials wins over the problem.... Thanks again and good flying...... Peter

Guest enine

What video driver are you using?I had the problem you describe as well as other graphics issues using the NVidia 6800 Ultra and the more recent drivers. All seem to have gone away with the 91.31 driver, but I only just installed it today.

Guest tappy

Thanks Enine, I haven't thought about Video drivers, have just bought my new computer, only just got every thing running as i like. The last reply i recieved from Jaap was on the mark, changing down the AA settings did solve the problem but the loss of quality made me keep my minor problem, I might just try another driver update when i find out the one i'm on. Thanks to you all for your help, and happy flying...Peter