Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

xVision for X-Plane 11 : looking for beta testers

4 hours ago, dmarques69 said:

You are right, papi lights are not working in daylight with x-vision, just tested that! Going to mess with the light features to see if i can find whats causing this!

Edit: Found it, Custom patches, the LightsDayNightSmoothTransition is causing this.

thank you i have got them back now. 😃

Hi!

I tried this last evening and it looks fabulous!  However, I have read the manual, but I don't quite understand the relationship between .xvs files and lua.xvs files.  If you use xVision without FlyWithLua,  xVision uses only the selected .xvs files?  Does a lua.xvs file require a corresponding .xvs file?  For example, there is a Classics.xvs file and a Classics_for_lua.xvs file included with xVision.  What is the advantage of using the lua.xvs files?

Finally, if I create a new .xvs file, how do I create a corresponding lua.xvs file to use in FlyWithLua?

Please excuse me if this is explained in the manual. At my age, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer!

Regards,

Gerry

12 hours ago, GCNorth said:

I tried this last evening and it looks fabulous!  However, I have read the manual, but I don't quite understand the relationship between .xvs files and lua.xvs files.  If you use xVision without FlyWithLua,  xVision uses only the selected .xvs files?  Does a lua.xvs file require a corresponding .xvs file?  For example, there is a Classics.xvs file and a Classics_for_lua.xvs file included with xVision.  What is the advantage of using the lua.xvs files?

Distribution package contains 2 solutions. "Impressive" and "Classic".
Each solution is represented by two different files, for example, Impressive_for_Lua and Impressive (without Lua).
Lua version is for users who using FlyWithLua plugin in their setup, Impressive without lua is for users who not using FlyWithLua plugin.
The Lua and not Lua files are not depended on each other.
If you are using FWL, use solutions with Lua postfix.

On 7/25/2018 at 12:01 AM, KNOSSOS said:

It seems that we have problem with some East Asia locales. We are working on this issue. Thanks for feedback.

Fixed version of tool is available:

http://x-vision.pro/releases.html

• Like 3

I'm still unable to load my lua scripts with xvision, can someone explain all the steps to enable them? I want to run the impressive_with_lua solution. I added xprealistic.lua and landingrate.lua, but they still get the ".~lua" making FYL to ignore them. Do I need to manually rename to .lua ?

The activate scripts in exclusive mode switch is a bit confusing. If I understand correctly, turning it off, every lua script in Scripts folder inside the FLY plugin, will be (or should be) loaded, right? So there's no need to add them in the resources & scripts manager, or is it ??

If it's on, only the scripts added and checked in the r&s manager, will be enabled, correct? 

Thank you

Edited by S3rg1o

6 hours ago, S3rg1o said:

If I understand correctly, turning it off, every lua script in Scripts folder inside the FLY plugin, will be (or should be) loaded, right? So there's no need to add them in the resources & scripts manager, or is it ??

If it's on, only the scripts added and checked in the r&s manager, will be enabled, correct? 

This is correct.

If exclusive switch is off, xVision just puts the solution scripts inside FWL plugin. And does not change anything else.

If switch is ON, all script already exist in FWL make disabled first.

where does this product install on your computer? I want to uninstall and start fresh but I cannot find where it went on my computer? thanks

8 hours ago, KNOSSOS said:

This is correct.

If exclusive switch is off, xVision just puts the solution scripts inside FWL plugin. And does not change anything else.

If switch is ON, all script already exist in FWL make disabled first.

But I still didn’t figure how to add my scripts to the solution. If I add them FYL will ignore because of the .~lua extension... how can I enable them?

thank you

"Install to" column in the resources manager contains the exact file name and can be edited manually. If you download to resources manager disabled script with ".~lua " extension, just change extension in this column to ".lua".

Install path contains the directory and file name (relative to main X-Plane directory) where resource will be installed.
For example: if resource path is "\Resources\plugins\FlyWithLua\Scripts\xVnatural.lua" and your sim is imstalled to "D:\X-Plane", file xVnatural.lua will be installed to "D:\X-Plane\Resources\plugins\FlyWithLua\Scripts\xVnatural.lua".

Posted a thread in the screenshot forum. This product is incredible:

• Like 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

8 hours ago, KNOSSOS said:

"Install to" column in the resources manager contains the exact file name and can be edited manually. If you download to resources manager disabled script with ".~lua " extension, just change extension in this column to ".lua".

Install path contains the directory and file name (relative to main X-Plane directory) where resource will be installed.
For example: if resource path is "\Resources\plugins\FlyWithLua\Scripts\xVnatural.lua" and your sim is imstalled to "D:\X-Plane", file xVnatural.lua will be installed to "D:\X-Plane\Resources\plugins\FlyWithLua\Scripts\xVnatural.lua".

Thank you!

What I did (following a sugestion from a user on another forum) was to restore only lua scripts so i can manage them myself. However i checked the exclusive switch and all my scripts went to .~lua. I unchecked exclusive and nothiing happen, forcing me to restore them again. So I sugest you to reverse it, meaning, make turning off exclusive to automatically rename all avaiable scripts from .~lua to .lua. That way we can easely add the ones we want in the solution, and by checking exclusive again the remaing scripts would became disabled...

Just an idea to improve this piece of art 🙂

Edited by S3rg1o

11 hours ago, Murmur said:

Posted a thread in the screenshot forum. This product is incredible:

Thanks a lot for a kind words!

6 hours ago, S3rg1o said:

Just an idea to improve this piece of art 🙂

Got an idea, thank you for feedback.

hello KNOSOS

I am wondering after 11.30 is released will you still develop for xplane or will you give it up?

Thanks

I've been doing flight sim on FSX/P3D for like 10 years, switched to XP11 1 and a half year ago.

I just installed Xvision today and it's like having a brand new sim again.

This is FANTASTIC !!!!

Edited by raptor2003
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, saed45 said:

I am wondering after 11.30 is released will you still develop for xplane or will you give it up?

Yeah, why not. Since, because of the rather short deadline, we've included in the first test release not all developments.

2 hours ago, raptor2003 said:

This is FANTASTIC !!!!

Thanks!

• Like 1