Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

xVision for X-Plane 11 : looking for beta testers

Bump.  Just bought this today and find it in jeopardy after 11.30.  Meanwhile I've read the manual and don't have a clue how to proceed.  I've opened it, agreed, and entered the serial successfully.  What next and how does it become a LUA script?

5 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Bump.  Just bought this today and find it in jeopardy after 11.30.  Meanwhile I've read the manual and don't have a clue how to proceed.  I've opened it, agreed, and entered the serial successfully.  What next and how does it become a LUA script?

To activate preset please use Menu command "Open solution". Select the desired solution (file with *.xvs extenstion) and then use "Apply" command.
If your X-Plane 11 setup doesn't include FlyWithLua plugin, or yor are using FlyWithLua Core edition, please use "Classic.xvs" or "Impressive.xvs" solutions. Otherwise - "Classic_for_Lua.xvs" or "Impressive_for_Lua.xvs".

xVision works with "solutions". They are not LUA scripts, but packages containing visual resources (textures), shader tweaks, LUA scripts. Please refer to p.#6 and #7 in User manual: http://x-vision.pro/help.html#solutions for details.

11 hours ago, KNOSSOS said:

To activate preset please use Menu command "Open solution". Select the desired solution (file with *.xvs extenstion) and then use "Apply" command.
If your X-Plane 11 setup doesn't include FlyWithLua plugin, or yor are using FlyWithLua Core edition, please use "Classic.xvs" or "Impressive.xvs" solutions. Otherwise - "Classic_for_Lua.xvs" or "Impressive_for_Lua.xvs".

xVision works with "solutions". They are not LUA scripts, but packages containing visual resources (textures), shader tweaks, LUA scripts. Please refer to p.#6 and #7 in User manual: http://x-vision.pro/help.html#solutions for details.

Thanks for that.  Got an identical email from Yuri this morning.

On 8/25/2018 at 10:10 AM, Shand359 said:

I am late to the party and have just got xvision…… I cant get it to activate as it says the KEY is incorrect......

+1. Unable to activate. I was looking forward to a new and improved XP 11. Oh well, back to the other sim.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I did as instructed in the entry above - activated the 'classic_for_Lua.xvs' - at least it said it did.  Installed in 'Plugins\Xvision and my clouds and water appear better.  Hopefully it'll survive 11.30.  

@KNOSSOS

Edited by kristolz
suddenly cant edit / or write anything in the text box..!

Sorry for double posting, but the edit box bugged out on me... anyway!

I've just updated to the 1.02 version of xVision, and suddenly my performance is shot. I usually sit around 50-60% GPU usage, but now it's glued to 100% more or less. I did a full restore of the original shaders etc before applying 1.02, and I use an unmodified classic for lua recipie/preset that comes with xVision. I did overwerwrite mye 1.01, and have not kept a backup of it, so I can't roll back to see if it solves the problem..

Im using only FXAA in sim, and have a Titan X Pascal  @ 2 ghz on a 3440x1440 monitor.

Do you have any idea what the problem might be @KNOSSOS

Thank you for a great product by the way! I'm sticking with 11.26 until you guys are compatible with 11.30 🙂

6 hours ago, kristolz said:

Do you have any idea what the problem might be

I guess the problem is in Lua scripts, which have a pretty strong default parameters. Have you tried a solution from FAQ p. #7 already? http://x-vision.pro/faq.html

If yes, please contact me via info@x-vision.pro.

Outstanding work Knossos! Will try out later today. I'm super happy that you guys kept working on this after 11:30. I'm sure the entire community will participate giving thanks for the energy you guys put into this 🙂 

• Upvote 1

Love your work @KNOSSOS - it seems to have done the trick! Will do some more testing. Should have read the FAQ I guess..

This is great news. One of the best addons for X-Plane at present.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, tonywob said:

This is great news. One of the best addons for X-Plane at present.

Is it still free?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

2 hours ago, strider1 said:

Is it still free?

No.

I guess this topic should be moved to another place (?)