Sign in to follow this  
Hari

Help Exporting to Flight plan GTN750

Hello Fellow Simmers, 

Greetings!!

I fly the Phenom 300 (with Bert Pieke's GTN 750 Mod ) in P3DV4.3 .  Yesterday, I downloaded  and installed Little NavMap version 2.03  and created an IFR flight from KVPS to KECP (  with RNAV approach to RWY 16, transition OTTOE) and tried --> Export flight plan  to other formats -->Export Flight plan as Garmin GTN GFP.

Littte NavMap correctly opens up the  default...... \ Lockheed Martin \ Prepar3DV4 \ F1TGTN \ FPL folder and APPEARS TO save file named KVPS-KECP.gfp in it

HOWEVER, When I try to open this file in NOTEPAD , It gives me the message " Cannot find  C:\Programs Files\ Lockheed Martin \ Prepar3DV4 \ F1TGTN \ FPL\KVPS-KECP.gfp

do you wish to create new file ?

Any thoughts on how to correctly EXPORT .GFP file  to GTN 750 in P3DV4.3?

Has anyone successfully EXPORTED a  .GFP file  to GTN 750 in P3DV4.3?

A little help please.

Thansk

Best Regards

Hari

Hi Hari,

Windows does not allow LNM to save files in this protected place and puts it into a so called virtual store. The file is only visible to LNM but not other programs.
You have to give yourself full control on the folder C:\Programs Files\ Lockheed Martin \ Prepar3DV4 \ F1TGTN \ FPL\
You can take ownership of the folder ...\FPL or give yourself write permissions. That should fix it.

Alex

Alex,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I made sure that I have full permission( Read/Right/Edit) to this folder( C:\Program File\Lockheed Martin\Prepare3Dv4\ F1TGTN\FPL ) as Administrator before I sent you my email. BUT NO SUCCESS IN WRITING THE LiTTLE NavMAP EXPORTED FILE TO THIS LoCATION.

BUT

I Exported the file KVPS-KECP.gfp and saved file under C:\ProgramData\ Garmin\GTN\GTN Trainer Data\GTN\FPL This is not the same directory as the one i mentioned  above . BUT the GTN 750 is able to see this directory and allow for import into GTN750 

In Tools--> Options--> Flight Plan,  I selected 'Export Airports and Navaids as User defined ... for Garmin GTN to avoid locked waypoints". Is this OK?

When I open the .gfp file  in notepad, ONLY the Depr and Dest airport show up.a " FPN/RI:F:KVPS:F:KECP". I see no waypoitns or approaches.

Question? DOES Little NavMap export SID, STARS, APPROACHES  in .gfp format?

Best Regards

hari

ProgramData is the better choice since it is accessible for all users and does not need you to fiddle with the permissions.

I didn't know that the F1 GTN also supports this directory. Interesting. But at the end they all use the same Garmin trainer.

The option to avoid locked waypoints is not terribly useful for the GTN since the Garmin unit renames all the waypoints to "UserN" or similar. This option is more helpful for the GNS which keeps the waypoint names. I'd keep this off.

The F1 export does not do procedures but you can try the "Reality XP GTN GFP" export which uses a slightly different format also covering procedures. Not sure if F1 can digest this.

All the formats and their peculiarities are explained here in the manual.

Alex

That why you should always install P3D in it's own directory like D:\Prepar3D for example.

Rule of thumb when it comes to simming never install anything in c:\program files or (x86)

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

I am trying to export as a .gfp file for the reality GTN 750 in X-Plane. There is no option for this in LNM that I can find. The only thing that is even close is an option for FlightGear .fgfp.

I thought that might work, but I can't get the 750 in X-Plane to recognize it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

17 hours ago, Mjoliat said:

I am trying to export as a .gfp file for the reality GTN 750 in X-Plane. There is no option for this in LNM that I can find. The only thing that is even close is an option for FlightGear .fgfp.

I thought that might work, but I can't get the 750 in X-Plane to recognize it.

Flight Plan Multiexport

Go to main menu -> File -> Multiexport Flight Plan options

there are several options for Garmin devices.

Alex

Alex, thanks for the quick reply. I feel a little bit silly now because that was too easy. I did not realize that was where I choose what type of plan to export. I thought it was just to send a plan to multiple places

16 hours ago, Mjoliat said:

Alex, thanks for the quick reply. I feel a little bit silly now because that was too easy. I did not realize that was where I choose what type of plan to export. I thought it was just to send a plan to multiple places

No problem. Export has really changed a lot. Hopefully for the better.