Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

P3Dv4.3 : my observations

...remember I'm making no recommendations - I was just asked simply what advice I might give for this (in a nutshell). Mostly these days as Mike says it's going to be auto.

• Like 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Also I know Gerrard has a point - there might be some esoteric situation whereby the pagefile size is an issue. As I mentioned, building apps and accounting for the crash dump are some ideas. My answer - quite obviously - had no intention to account for those situations.

Edited by SteveW
  • Like 1

i understand Steve,
i was curious to pick your brain in case i was missing something ❤️ 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

I hate when people say "Oh well the sim performs perfect when stripped back to default": like OK: when is the last time you used P3D at default with no Add-ons?. Like get outta here. 

Yes, pretty boring - the sim only. That's not Mikes point though I know what you mean - the sim has to support the addons that make things interesting.. To do that we need a good base to start with.

I think there's several problems around causing strange issues and it's not surprising there's a lot of forum threads going around discussing issues. Mostly these discussions of issues are unnecessary as there often are simple fixes to a setup or config file, and in some cases a bug that is obvious to a dev once he has enough to go on. The bugs can be fixed overnight, but problems associated with developments to a system after several addons have been installed, fettled and fiddled with, can be like a game of Chinese whispers. Configs and sets of files develop into some kind of situation that scuppers the proper operation of the sim.

Stripping back the sim to a point we know should work properly is not the new Black.

Professionals know how to resolve a problem quickly - that's not by starting with only a few addons and a couple of planes. Any problems: Start by actually eliminating the variables or it will take all day.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Like somebody stated before, this (and also the famous "blurries" thread) is very exciting to follow. I just want to say several times a day i check and hope for new posts, it's like reading a good book and waiting for the final chapter. I don't know if, for me personally, there were really new suggestions or steps to follow when running into these problems, and even can't tell if i have these issues as i'm not flying that much at the moment and normally never do long haul flights for example, but as i said it's really exciting to follow if you well known guys find the conclusion what's causing these miracle blurries or fps downstep. Myself i didn't encounter these with my type of flying so far as i remember...

But anyway thumps up and thanks to all of you for your afford, research and pleasurably discussion.

Will try to replicate your issues... %)

Kidding. Damn good thread!

• Like 1

@tremor595
almost sad its going to come to a happy ending soon :wink:

Edited by Chris Bell

@SteveW- With v4,3 do I now not need the AM setting we arrived at some months ago with the advent of v4? As you may remember I use P3D as a scenery generator, with other programs running in the background... as ever, I remain obliged.

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Regarding the framerate slowdown over  time multiple people have written that they are sufffering from it. V4.3 doesn’t let objects go as fast as former versions it seems .

But why the franerate drop is less with a flight from Amsterdam to Frankfurt than from Frankfurt to Amsterdam ?

It’s a pity that with V4.3I now need to lower or disable objects as a workaround ....

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Setting "special effects detail" to low sadly removes the nice lightning effects from FSReborn...

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I always have Effects off

Tesselation always off

Car Traffic always off

Aiport vehicules on Schiphol always off

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

If only we could do something to make V4.3 let go of objects out of sight ...

If V4.3 does not listen to let go commands coming via Simconnect , perhaps some setting/tweak might help...

• Like 1