Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan93102

V4.3 taking a long time to load up

Hello all, 

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. 

I am having major issues with Prepar3D V4.3 at the moment. I started experiencing issues on Friday where P3D was taking a very long time to load up after starting a scenario. I did all the troubleshooting tips suggested to no avail so decided to re-install V4.3 onto a blank SSD. 

Unfortunately after the re-install the problem still persists. I had installed all my ORBX scenery so I deactivated it to see if that was the cause and it was still taking a very long time to load up with nothing but default scenery. I timed it and it took 40 minutes on one occasion. 

What I was wanting to know was if anyone else is experiencing these issues and if they knew how to rectify them. I have contacted Prepar3D over on their forums so hopefully they’ll be able to assist me soon. 

Thanks for your time, 

Jonathan

- Jonathan Daley

Maybe you have a scenery conflicting your P3D installation.

I'm having problems with Barcelona Cityscene.

This ORBX scenery makes my loading stops at 6% for more than 12 minutes! Once uninstalled P3d loads fast.

Miguel Leandro

5 minutes ago, Ekim said:

Maybe you have a scenery conflicting your P3D installation.

I'm having problems with Barcelona Cityscene.

This ORBX scenery makes my loading stops at 6% for more than 12 minutes! Once uninstalled P3d loads fast.

Thanks for getting back to me. 

I wonder what it is, I don’t have Barcelona but I’ve heard of a few people having issues. 

I think I’ll put everything back into the sim add on scenery etc so that it is ready for use. 

Do you think either Prepar3D or ORBX will issue a fix for this problem?

Thanks, 

Jonathan. 

- Jonathan Daley

But your loading problem is without scenery installed?

This is really strange!

Miguel Leandro

25 minutes ago, Ekim said:

But your loading problem is without scenery installed?

This is really strange!

Hi Ekim, 

Thanks for the reply, yes that is the case. I have given up with it for now. I’ve been asking for help for days on the Prepar3D forum and clearly stated I had done all the debugging steps in my original post that they recommend only to be asked today whether I’d done the debugging steps. I appreciate they probably have to ask but I did state it in my original post ha-ha, so presently I am no further forward.

I have all the files for V4.1 on my PC but not for V4.2. Can you roll back from V4.3 to V4.1 bearing in mind I have done a full install of V4.3? 

I am convinced the problem is V4.3 because I’ve read numerous posts by people experiencing similar issues out of the blue.

I do appreciate all the comments and tips from everyone though, it all helps solve the puzzle. 

Thanks, 

Jonathan

- Jonathan Daley

3 hours ago, Jonathan93102 said:

I have all the files for V4.1 on my PC but not for V4.2. Can you roll back from V4.3 to V4.1 bearing in mind I have done a full install of V4.3? 

Hello Jonathan

Yes you can simply Uninstall the Prepar3D v4.3 Client only and then Install the v4.1 Client.

------------------

Just back to your original Issue....

Did you remove \ Delete the 5 Prepar3D generated folders on your C-Drive operating system ?    This will completely remove any Interference from muddled files or Incompatible software, Leaving Prepar3D in a default state

Have a look at step 2 and 3 of the link below,  Deleting generated files and the Documents location. 

Completing step 2 and 3 will remove all 5 folders.   These folders will generate again as default when Prepar3D is launched next  

Let me know how you get on 

https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6316&t=130201#p183123

On 7/23/2018 at 10:37 PM, Poppet said:

Hello Jonathan

Yes you can simply Uninstall the Prepar3D v4.3 Client only and then Install the v4.1 Client.

------------------

Just back to your original Issue....

Did you remove \ Delete the 5 Prepar3D generated folders on your C-Drive operating system ?    This will completely remove any Interference from muddled files or Incompatible software, Leaving Prepar3D in a default state

Have a look at step 2 and 3 of the link below,  Deleting generated files and the Documents location. 

Completing step 2 and 3 will remove all 5 folders.   These folders will generate again as default when Prepar3D is launched next  

Let me know how you get on 

https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6316&t=130201#p183123

Hello Elaine,

Many thanks for getting back to me.

I tried the step 2 and 3 that you mentioned tonight and it did improve loading times, however I still felt they were too long for my system. 

I have decided therefore to uninstall and reinstall V4.3 following your excellent tutorial this time as I could possibly have omitted one of the five files you mentioned to delete. I think I only did four as I didn’t realise they were hidden in so many places.

This time after I put each add on back into the Sim I’m going to test it by loading up a scenario to double check.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, I finished work this morning but then had no electricity all day so I’m just getting started now. 

Thanks for your time,

Jonathan.

- Jonathan Daley

1 hour ago, Jonathan93102 said:

Hello Elaine,

Many thanks for getting back to me.

I tried the step 2 and 3 that you mentioned tonight and it did improve loading times, however I still felt they were too long for my system. 

I have decided therefore to uninstall and reinstall V4.3 following your excellent tutorial this time as I could possibly have omitted one of the five files you mentioned to delete. I think I only did four as I didn’t realise they were hidden in so many places.

This time after I put each add on back into the Sim I’m going to test it by loading up a scenario to double check.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, I finished work this morning but then had no electricity all day so I’m just getting started now. 

Thanks for your time,

Jonathan.

Hello,

Just to update you all on the situation after the fresh install the problem persists. Far too long to load up with absolutely nothing installed. Tends to get stuck around 17% then I wait 10 minutes and kill it. Uninstalling again and going back to V4.1 as I still have a copy of that on my PC. I can’t understand what has done this, this time last week it was running like a dream.

I should note that it loads up very fast to the scenario page but after that it’s all downhill. 

Many thanks,

Jonathan. 

- Jonathan Daley