Sign in to follow this  
FlightSimJack

PMDG Printed Manuals

Hi there everyone,

I'm new to the AVSIM Forums and this is my first post, but I was wondering if PMDG's printed manuals for the 737NGX and 777 add-ons for FSX are still available to buy. If so, could you please provide a link? I live in the UK so would prefer if you could post a website that has the option of pricing in British Pounds (£) but if this isn't possible then I can use a currency converter.

If you total up all the pages of the 737 and 777 manuals it comes to a total of 7,512 pages, hence I would like the printed versions because reading them on my computer is long and printing them myself is, well, not really an option for that many pages.

Many thanks in advance,

FlightSimJack

If you own the aircraft you can download them on your tablet for free.

• Like 1

Vic green

8 hours ago, FlightSimJack said:

Hi there everyone,

I'm new to the AVSIM Forums and this is my first post, but I was wondering if PMDG's printed manuals for the 737NGX and 777 add-ons for FSX are still available to buy. If so, could you please provide a link? I live in the UK so would prefer if you could post a website that has the option of pricing in British Pounds (£) but if this isn't possible then I can use a currency converter.

If you total up all the pages of the 737 and 777 manuals it comes to a total of 7,512 pages, hence I would like the printed versions because reading them on my computer is long and printing them myself is, well, not really an option for that many pages.

Many thanks in advance,

FlightSimJack

Hi 'FlightsimJack',

Several years ago, PMDG did supply printed manuals for their aircraft. BUT, they were expensive. There was also the requirement to freight the manuals to you, which as I recall, was tied to some freight company, and their charges were very expensive. This made the supply of the printed version out of reach for most of us.

The alternative most people chose, who wanted a printed set, and did not want to print them their selves, was to take a thumb drive with a PDF of the manual(s) to their local print shop and get a quote. It will not be 'cheap' due to the sheer number of pages, and you may find reading the manuals on your PC or a the cost saving of not printing them, will finance a tablet, which provides a far more economical method of reading them. 

BTW..On this forum, they want you to use your real name in your signature, or you run the risk of losing the post.

Geoff Bryce

14 hours ago, por930 said:

The alternative most people chose, who wanted a printed set, and did not want to print them their selves, was to take a thumb drive with a PDF of the manual(s) to their local print shop and get a quote. It will not be 'cheap' due to the sheer number of pages, and you may find reading the manuals on your PC or a the cost saving of not printing them, will finance a tablet, which provides a far more economical method of reading them. 

That should not be possible. It is forbidden to print the PDF provided as per the PMDG licence with Boeing, the PDF files are print protected. So you should not be able to do that except for the manua l written by PMDG but those are small and easy to print.

Edited by wedgantilles
spelling error

Traditionally I've been a big fan of real life manuals myself, but the nice thing about having this kind of content in a PDF format is the ability to search it (say for a particular keyword) - a big plus when you need a specific fact fast.

Mark Trainer

44 minutes ago, mtrainer said:

Traditionally I've been a big fan of real life manuals myself, but the nice thing about having this kind of content in a PDF format is the ability to search it (say for a particular keyword) - a big plus when you need a specific fact fast.

Mark Trainer

Agree Mark, I have always done this, as some time, even knowing where to start a search was problematic...pop a word in search, and you are there.

Aurelien,  You maybe correct, I do recall some thing like this that made printing difficult(impossible!!) Even with copywrite, you are allowed to print "small" amounts for personal use..

Geoff Bryce

They were offering printed for purchase manuals at one time however the link to where they were offered is a deal link. You can have  look here http://www.precisionmanuals.com/ProductCart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=23

Tat is where you could purchase them one upon a time. If you back the URL up a bit you will find no manuals there. For example http://www.precisionmanuals.com/ProductCart/pc/

Some old copy.....and yes it references the 777 however am sure it was same for 737.....

"Before you can fly the PMDG 777, they made available for purchase the printed operating manuals, training manual, systems cards, panels posters, quick reference handbook etc.. Select either the complete Chief Pilot Manuals set near 500$ in full color, or just the quick reference handbook at 120$, or maybe the training manual at 50$"

Rob Pomon

Intel I7- 7820X, Dual GTX 1080Ti, EVGA x299 Dark, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance, EVGA DG-87 Case, EVGA CLC 280, 1TB Samsung 970 Pro PCIe NVMe, EVGA Super Nova1600 T2+ titanium, P3D v4.3, PMDG 737NGX, Win 10 x64

Yes they absolutely did both the 737 and 777 ones. I think there was also the 747 though it was not yet really in progress or even announced at the time.

I'm a glad owner of both sets 🙂

The original 747-400 FS9 came with a PMDG manual which you could print, but now the manual is the official Boeing manual and I don't think they are allowed to redistribute for printing.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Even though not for sale at the moment, I bet pmdg has a stack of unsold sets collecting dust somewhere. ...

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Even though not for sale at the moment, I bet pmdg has a stack of unsold sets collecting dust somewhere. ...

Nope. They were printed per order. So not extra copies around

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com